Technical Document Writer
Digital Campus | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Contract
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Responsibilities of Role:
- Work with IDP cross-functional teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets IDP's standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Create and maintain data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, technical architecture, information architecture, and business architecture
- Write easy-to-understand documents and user guides
- Create documents to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Proven working experience in creating software data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, technical architecture, information architecture, and business architecture. Should have experience in 3 or more of the artifact types mentioned here.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and software development
- Strong working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and diagrams
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and work ethics which encourages accuracy