Information Services | Chennai, India | Full Time
IDP helps young people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education, then come and join our team in our brand new offices in Nungambakkam in the heart of Chennai. We're growing fast and we would love for you to come and join us.
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; English language Training; and Hotcourses. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.
We are a world leader in assisting international students to find the right overseas study option for them, with a global network of more than 80 student placement centres in over 30 countries. IDP has placed more than 400,000 international students over the past 45 years.
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System and is jointly owned by IDP and British Council, IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test, accepted for study, work and migration; with more than 2.5 million tests taken across 140 countries in the last 12 months. IDP has more than 400 test locations in over 50 countries.
Over 9,000 organisations, such as universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional registration bodies in 135 countries, recognise IELTS scores and rely on IELTS for education, immigration and professional purposes.
As a Technical Analyst you will be a key contributor of IDP’s SAP systems initial end to end implementation, then post implementation day to day operational reliability and system improvements.
The Technical Analyst will be a member of the Information Services Team within the Business and Technology Services and Support group and will report to Solution Architect
The key responsibilities and deliverables of this role are:
- Performing analysis and documentation of as-is capabilities about business processes, technology, etc.
- Perform technical gap analysis, providing expertise in software releases.
- Performing application design activities (e.g. writing functional designs), portions of technology architecture and technical design activities and portions of technology build, test and deployment
- Working closely with our technology partners to groom detailed stories for our configuration and development teams to execute.
- Assist in development and testing of new business processes, capabilities, and as appropriate their supporting technologies
- Co-ordinating and/or developing deployment deliverables (communications, training, etc..)
- Bridging the gap between the development, design, product management teams and support
- Perform investigations on application issues and provide effective resolutions for same and assist all team members to evaluate technical processes and provide an effective interface with all vendor partners.
- Deliver results within given time frames, ensuring work is consistent, well documented, and in-line with team standards at all times.
- Act as escalation point of support teams (L1/L2) and provide on-call support during major maintenance, upgrades, and fixes, as well as providing expert guidance during P2/P1 incidents.
- Maintain technical knowledge (SAP Hybris) within areas of expertise
- Stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Support the IDP users through consulting, enhancements and issue resolution.
- Work with the support team to determine how the applications are supported in production, including system performance and monitoring
- Contribute to operational, project and management level reporting
- Contribute to IDP projects from time to time as required
Key Performance Area
· Act as a Technical Analyst in a multidisciplinary team that will be responsible for implementing IDP projects on premise and/or on Cloud
· Interfaces with key stakeholders to assess opportunities for operational improvements, gather requirements, define business solutions, and perform impact assessment
- Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of SAP Hybris solution
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Proactively work to reduce potential incidents, by proposing, planning and implementing continuous improvements
- Technical documentation is created, aligned to business requirements
- System design documentation (architectural specifications, diagrams and charts, functional and configuration specifications) provide the visualization of the technical implementation of user requirements
- Deployed solutions have minimal operational support
- Peer Review
- Achievement of agreed SLAs
Operation & Support
- Responsible for the ongoing operation and maintenance of applications for the assigned IT functional areas.
- This includes providing 2nd or 3rd level incident support, change management, and maintaining the upkeep of technical records and documentation.
- Proactively communicates the status of ongoing daily support and problem resolution.
- Ensures effective problem analysis and resolution of issues of moderate scope in a timely fashion and escalates issues when needed to appropriate levels of IT or Business.
- Provides off hours (on-call) support as it relates to IT functional area.
- Adhere to IDP Incident and problem management
- Achievement of agreed SLAs
- Customer Feedback
Documentation and Reporting
- Ensure the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases as per industry compliance and IDP standards
- Issue / Status Tracking– Provides weekly updates and escalates critical issues to Team and Project management in a timely manner
- Specification and solution documentation is created and maintained
- Complete and accurate technical documentation, is authored and maintained, meeting corporate standards
- Participation in the Change Management process
- Respond clearly and in a timely fashion to queries and requests from the change advisory board
- Complete Change Management records meeting corporate policies and standards
- Participation in Projects as required
- Develop strong relationships with your peers (other managers at Information Services and in the Business) and work collaboratively with them to ensure consistent delivery of solutions throughout the enterprise
- Project Manager or Product Owners evaluation of contribution to delivery meets agreed targets
- Build highly collaborative professional relationships with key internal stakeholders. Become an extension of their teams.
- Maintain effective communication and stakeholder expectation management through any project, support event or initiative ensuring the stakeholders are fully informed as required
- Positive stakeholder feedback and being sought out to participate in activities.
- All stakeholders effectively engaged as required
- Wow!” our customers by delivering prompt, professional and thorough solutions to their IT needs consistent with the demands of our growing business
- Taking an end to end approach to service management following through on service delivery through the Technology and other related resolver teams.
- Users are benefited with the solutions delivered
- Business derives value on the technology services provided
- Regular operational and KPI reporting
- Issues are managed in a timely manner carefully without causing problems to our customers
Privacy & Security
- Ensure that the privacy and security of IDP Customers and Staff is protected at all times
- Proactive identification of potential privacy or security issues.
- Reporting on security and privacy related incidents
- Coordination and participation in security incident simulation events
- Training and communicating the team on importance of Security and privacy
- System owners and users
- Project team members
- Information Services team
- IDP Corporate Team
- IDP Student Placement Team
- IELTS Test Centres
- IELTS Partners
- IDP customers
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification):
- Holds a minimum Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional engineering qualification with major in information technology computer science, information science, computer systems analysis, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 + Years working experience in functional and/or technical design of applications
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Experience in drafting TDD (Technical Design Document)
- Experience in one or more wireframing / mockup tools
- Experience in Impact Analysis and Root Cause Anaysis
- CRM functional domain knowledge
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms
- Must have a solid working knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts (e.g. reporting, querying software, OLAP, spreadsheets, dashboards, and data mining)
- Highly developed Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, influencing and customer management skills
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems and architecture including cloud, SaaS and client/server
- Candidate must possess the ability and willingness to continually learn new and emerging technologies and “think outside the box”, to deliver creative solutions of new processes, as well as effectively identify, analyze and resolve highly complex technical issues.
- Experienced in Agile methodology
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- Exhibit a proactive approach to quickly identify problems and implement solutions.
- Experienced working under pressure and organising work priorities
Desirable requirements (leadership & team/project capabilities):
- Exposure to SAP C4C, SAP Hybris, SAP Hybris Marketing, Success Factors is advantageous
- Customer service skills - Interpersonal skills, particularly negotiation and facilitation, to recognise requirements and ways to satisfy them and maintain good relations with IDP staff and suppliers.
- Project Management, Agile certifications
- Knowledge and experience in effectively working with the ITIL framework