Talent Acquisition Manager – Australasia and Corporate
DigiTech | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Our Talent Acquisition Team supports candidates to learn more about our business, current team members to take next steps in their career and hiring managers to make good decisions as they build capability for the future.
You will lead a small team to proactively partner with our Australasian and Corporate business to attract and deliver the best talent to support the execution of their strategic and operational plans, no matter where these roles are based around the world.
In addition, the role contributes to and leads components of global projects to improve the candidate experience for the Australasian and Corporate business, working collaboratively with the global People Experience team under the guidance of the Global Manager Talent Acquisition.
This hands on role will always participate equally with the team in managing open roles and identifying and recruiting outstanding talent for the Australasian and Corporate business.
You will be responsible for:
Talent sourcing, acquisition and management
- Source, acquire and manage Australasia and Corporate’s talent requirements
- Collaborate with both matrix and direct manager to continually review and assess each business unit’s recruitment strategy to deliver an experience centered recruitment model that acquires talent and fills vacancies swiftly;
- Connect to and source local and international candidates using a variety of established and new/emerging channels and platforms in a timely manner, including proactive sourcing and talent pipelining
- Work effectively with the central communications team to help promote IDPs social media presence and share the employee value proposition broadly
- Establish a well defined core recruitment process for Australasia and Corporate with clear and timely candidate and hiring manager communication, where;
- Resumes and prospects are screened and qualified
- Candidates are managed through the interview process from interview preparation to reference checking and psychometric testing
- Assist with final offer negotiation as appropriate and prepare the employment contract
- Handover to the on-boarding experience is seamless
- Improve candidate, hiring manager and hiring partner collateral including;
- Evolve position descriptions and job templates to a modern format
- Great briefing packs for our recruitment partner firms
- Great interview guides for our hiring managers
- Establish clear measures and regular reporting of success, including ensuring KPIs and metrics are met
- Provide support to our hiring managers on end to end recruitment best practice and IDP processes;
- Support candidate mobility as required including visas, relocation etc
- Ensure diversity & inclusion principles are reflected in recruitment practices and communicating employer value proposition to candidates, recruiters and the market.
- Assisting in other talent acquisition initiatives such as recruitment marketing and employer branding activities, supporting internship hiring;
- Proactively supporting hard to fill roles and talent priorities through creative use of employer branding and creation of recruitment marketing collateral for projects and campaign recruitment
Data, systems, insights and innovation
- Bring passion and a strong vision of how we can innovate using technology and automation to enrich the candidate experience and decrease time to fill
- Applying human centred design principles and codesign processes to continuously improve the candidate and hiring manager experience, collaborating with the Regional Px Manager to implement the CandE benchmarking process, make pragmatic recommendations reflective of candidate feedback to improve processes
- Monitor, review and report on hiring costs, identifying areas for investment to improve the experience, hiring outcomes and to gain efficiencies
- Prepare and share management reports, dashboards and key analytics to assist in informed decision making, including monitoring key employer rating sites and provide pragmatic recommendations for action
- Determine current and future hiring needs through introducing pragmatic workforce planning in order to provide expert advice and implement tailored recruitment solutions and talent pipelining
- Guide the team to be Australasia and Corporate’s ATS super user, maximise the value of the reporting function, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement
Develop organisation capability
- Designing, reviewing and facilitating appropriate training for the Australasian and Corporate business to build capability in hiring managers and PX teams on the IDP pitch and EVP, recruitment skills, processes, systems, socials/content, collateral and responsibilities
- Support the Global Manager Talent Acquisition to establish and run the global community of best practice for all those who attract and acquire talent across the business
Lead and develop the team
- Lead the operational Australasia and Corporate talent acquisition team, ensuring the team delivers a high-quality service experience to our candidates, hiring managers, global PX teams and global hiring partners;
- Develop the capability of the Australasian and Corporate talent acquisition team to deliver a cutting edge talent acquisition function where each person is supported to achieve their career ambitions
- Allocate work effectively to ensure seamless coverage during peak periods
- Collaborate with the Px LT and find ways to inject fun and energy into the lives of our team while managing wellness and safety carefully
- Identify potential risks, escalation points and partner with internal PX Leadership Team and business leaders to resolve them
- Interpret relevant policies and own the annual review cycle continuously improving
Organized and passionate about delivering an amazing experience for our candidates, hiring managers and partners you will have:
- Significant experience in end to end talent acquisition, preferably with a combination of agency and in-house experience, and at least 3 years experience in a managerial role. Exposure/experience with technology recruitment would be well regarded
- A passion for tech and be a tech savvy recruiter - which means that you're on the forefront when it comes to using various recruitment technologies and platforms to help you out with recruiting and sourcing great talent
- Demonstrated experience of solidifying a localised talent function in a multinational, matrix environment with significant experience in developing recruitment/sourcing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports, analyse statistical data, and provide insights and recommendations
- Solid experience acquiring talent for a multinational corporation and some experience working with an Australian culture with the skills to effectively influence stakeholders, vendors and international teams and be experienced working with senior global leaders as the subject matter expert in recruitment
- Great interpersonal skills, you can read people and ask questions to understand their feelings, skilled at handling conflict, diplomatic and able to maintain grace under pressure
- A naturally collaborative and outcome driven style, you are driven to exceed expectations all the time, resilient and love to have fun at work
- A desire to experiment and innovate, make quick decisions on what we should go forward with based on data and can do this within organizational and project constraints. You also ensure change is well embedded and practices and processes are solid, repeatable and reliable
- A love for projects and can manage these within deadlines, budgets and have impeccable multitasking abilities
- An eye for detail with the ability to efficiently troubleshoot and manage complex situations
- Leadership experience, including coaching and developing a team to continue to deliver outstanding talent and fostering a culture of team work
- Demonstrated sourcing and attraction creativity, including localizing employer branding for project and campaign recruitment activities