Student Placement Manager - ANZ
Student Placement | Singapore | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
- Achieve the short-term goals in Student Placement & execute the long term strategy of the company to strengthen its position as leading student placement service provider. This to be achieved by finding the right balance between local needs of customers and global operating model.
- Strengthen IDP’s leadership position for Australia and build IDP to become the top player in Australia and New Zealand Destinations.
- Develop and execute the destination wise activity calendars to deliver pipeline leads and conversion targets by intake.
- To provide strong business leadership, instilling IDP’s vision for the organisation and a performance driven culture with the office team.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, ongoing communication thereby driving for high engagement and excellent business results.
- Build strong client support through ongoing engagement and client relations.
- Build strong working matrix relationships with country teams – destination and marketing - to deliver optimal results.
- Contribute to building a world class operating environment by exhibiting a collaborative but decisive operating style.
- Effectively implement global priority projects at country/office.
- Be a productive and effective member of country leadership team and supporting CM through exhibiting a collaborative operating style but ensuring that decisions are taken on time.
- Work with country finance team and people experience teams to ensure compliance with all applicable country and local laws and policies.
Key Performance Areas:
- Timely preparation, with Marketing & fellow Office Manager, of intake based pipeline plan and activity calendars.
- Execute activity calendar, ASCENT reports, Counsellor Productivity reports and commission as per defined dates and timelines.
- Achieve targets for Leads, Applicants, and Finalised volumes – by destination and by intake.
- Positive Australia client satisfaction ratings at country and office level
- Staff Engagement ratings meet company target
- Hire, train and maintain trained and certified counsellor numbers by destination
- Successful implementation of global projects
Business & Sales Management
- Drive the development and implementation of office-based business plans which address country needs and are aligned to IDP’s strategic milestones.
- Set and monitor office level KPIs to support the implementation of the respective business plan
- Improve business performance by identifying and maximising opportunities for leverage across offices of knowledge, skills and infrastructure
- Provide inputs and once budget is set monitor Pipeline and Revenue budgets. With finance team, monitor results and initiate corrective action where required.
- Collaborate with Finance and CM to implement forecasting methodologies and processes to achieve accurate, timely pipeline and revenue forecasts.
- Develop and maintain a strong sales and service culture within the business.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to achieve sales objectives for the student placement team. Monitor results and initiate corrective action where required.
- Collaborate with fellow Office and Marketing Managers to develop and implement lead generation programs including events, client office visits, web etc, ensure counselling capacity /capability as per targets and ensure consistent sales, service and client management performance standards and benchmarks which are continuously improved.
- Establish best practice frameworks and mechanisms based on IDP’s core SOP model.
- Lead and support the office to improve Sales productivity through the implementation of global CRM system adoption, pipeline management , conversion benchmarks. Improve sales skills through training.
- Provide inputs and take necessary actions to the ongoing development and maintenance of service and client management performance standards and benchmarks for the office.
- Drive and guide the office participation in and execution of global, regional and local improvement projects where applicable.
- Develop a strong Counselling, Sales team to oversee the creation of a dynamic, inclusive workplace, building the culture while recognising and celebrating innovation success and achievement.
- Build a performance driven culture.
- Where required, represent IDP Singapore in forums and events of regional/global significance (AIEC, Going Global etc).
- Speedily determine when an issue needs to be escalated to the CM for resolution.
- Proactively provide timely feedback and advice to the CM on the management of the team and on issues arising from competitor activities, changing business environments, change in student visa policies etc
- With support of Finance team manage business systems and processes to ensure that all financial accounting obligations are met to the standard set by IDP and in line with local laws and accounting standards.
- Work with People Experience team to integrate compliance requirements into RISE and annual objectives.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least 6 years of demonstrated skill in managing a team in a customer facing multinational company with experience in developing business plans, budgets and skills to monitor, review and report on progress.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead big and diverse team to achieve demonstrable outcomes.
- Practical experience in managing diverse stakeholders (clients & students) – with diverse interests – to their satisfaction, but always keeping to the ultimate goal of the organisation.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems will be desirable
- A strong, ethical leader who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Respects diversity in employees
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good written and verbal English skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.