Strategic Procurement Lead (Assistant Manager) - South East Asia
Commercial | Singapore | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an Australian (ASX) listed company based in Melbourne, Australia.
IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
For more than 45 years, IDP has played a major role in international education. We have placed more than 400,000 students into quality institutions in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand. Today over 220 leading universities across 5 English speaking destinations are IDP clients.
We strive to continuously develop our dynamic, inclusive work places, we encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and we provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.
IDP Education is also a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as evidence of English language proficiency.
The Procurement Lead – SEA, will report to the SEA Regional Finance Director and lead full cycle procurement activities for SEA.
The role is responsible for seeking and realising opportunities, aligning procurement practices within SEA.
The individual will be required to operate at all levels of the organisation (and cross region), therefore IDP is seeking a proactive individual with strong communication and relationship skills.
This is a role that requires an individual to operate comfortably, as a hands-on contributor with the ability to analyse and communicate with a strategic manner from time to time.
There are NO direct reports for this role.
Procurement Opportunity identification & realisation
- Analyse and report spend metrics (financial – savings and non-financial) across all expense categories to lead to identification and realisation of improvements in outcomes to local / regional and HQ stakeholders
- Proactively perform and / or drive data collection efforts for stakeholders to identify and benchmark spend opportunities and outcomes vs. other regions/countries or externally to drive for continuous procurement outcome improvement
- Undertake or supervise procurement execution (or assist) as situation arises within any business unit in SEA based on prioritisation and alignment with stakeholders (analysis to drive decision making)
- Influencing SEA operational teams with robust, clear, credible analysis to drive optimal procurement outcomes
- Perform commercial review of proposed supplier contracts commercial terms and seek legal review on the same contracts
- Lead SEA capex process co-ordinating, creating or analysing/reviewing proposals (business case and financial models) for management decision making
- Lead SEA procurement sustainability (“Green”) initiatives – working with procurement or other stakeholders in SEA or globally, staying flexible to changing requirements
Procurement System, Process and Policy
- Input into continued development of global IDP procurement policy and procedures
- Driving SEA region compliance to IDP procurement policy and procedures in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Maintaining and driving for improvement in P2P (Ariba and Concur) usage for SEA and influencing country teams. Closely monitoring compliance and taking action as required
- Providing timely and efficient first class support to SEA country teams in effectively using Ariba and Concur to drive value. P2P point of contact for issues resolution for SEA
- Provides enthusiastic support and training to SEA country teams on ongoing Ariba and Concur usage (new joiners, training refreshes etc)
- Ensuring SEA P2P masterdata (e.g. P2P approval limits and supplier masterdata - vendor creation or maintenance) is well maintained – working with FSS and country teams to rectify process gaps.
- Collaborative and provides guidance to local countries in execution of local procurement
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Initiative - Self-starter to develop initiatives for procurement achieving spend efficiency.
- Developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong and convincing analytical experience - organising, analysing and presenting resulting insights.
- Fluent English – and very strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills to effectively communicate to and influence a diverse management group in SEA region and diverse range of suppliers
- Well organised, with a thorough and methodical approach when completing tasks
- An ability to work under pressure and organise work priorities to meet deadlines
- Problem solver – thrives on challenges able to navigate people and system challenges
- Comfortable and able to work in detail OR at higher strategic level depending on the situation
- Experience in any of the following consulting/business analysis, finance (with procurement exposure) or procurement.
- Total post graduate work experience >5 years
- Cost review experience (understands financial implications)
- Procurement experience with tenders and sector experience in any of: insurance, property or green / sustainable procurement.
- BI Tool experience to perform cost and opportunity analysis
- Sophisticated MS Excel skills - Pivot Tables & Data Analysis
- Data mining experience (including python, SQL etc)
- SAP Ariba / Concur experience
- Demonstrable prior working experience with international stakeholders
- Fluency in another SEA language (especially Indonesian or Vietnamese) will be a distinct advantage