Sr Oracle Developer
Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
Perform on-site and off-site technical tasks within a project; including the design, specification, and integration of our products.
- Minimum 4+ years of hard-core coding experience is mandatory.
- Excellent knowledge in analysis/design/coding/testing and tuning of applications in Oracle is Mandatory.
- Mandatory Technical skills: Oracle 9i/10G/11G, SQL, PL/SQL, Usage of Object Types, Hands on experience in tuning the applications.
- Optional skills: XML, Java Development skills, General Web application development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating Oracle Database objects based on the new requirement.
- Writing SQL, PL/SQL programs, Packages, procedures, Functions and Triggers to automate the interface processes for daily/incremental loads.
- Experience in Database Design, Database programming, SQL and Database Tuning and Performance Tuning, Trouble shooting, maintenance.
- Creating jobs and schedules them to run on the specific times, Setting up email notifications for failure and other events.
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems.
- Making sure all the batch job/s are working with no issues as data and performance wise and available for the business.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.