Digital Campus - Technical Architect | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and the connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion for helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
- An Event Driven Architecture – we are well advanced in moving our key integrations onto the PubSub pattern with fault tolerance and observability.
- A Micro Services Architecture – Our build out of our MSA is underway as part of a major initiative. We have our first set of Micro-Services built and serving our customer facing products.
- AWS Serverless – We heavily utilize AWS Serverless features provisioned via IaC.
- Machine Learning – IDP has a highly skilled Chief Data Officer unit that is utilizing the EDA and other data to build advanced intelligence into our processes and outcomes. We already have some of these algorithms making their way into our landscape and driving outcomes.
- Micro Front-End Architecture – Angular components pulling content from our Headless CMS.
- Observability – SumoLogic as our observability platform and SIEM provides great value in managing our environment.
Deliver High Quality Solutions
You’ll evaluate high-level business requirements and turn them into Solutions
- First and foremost, you will deliver high-quality fully integrated solution designs that simplify and accelerate the delivery of high-quality features.
- You are responsible for leading the planning, designing, developing, testing and deployment of efficient solutions within oracle or postgreSQL.
- You’ll be able to use your practical experience and uncanny ability to know “how to approach” a wide variety of common technical challenges to rapidly knock-down technical blockers.
- In addition to designing solutions that solve the business problem intended, you will ensure IDP’s Architectural Pattern choices and NFRs are fully embedded in the delivered solution.
- You’ll be willing to “get into the detail” of technical blockers, technology adoption and method
Use Solutioning as a Driver of Quality, Value and Speed
There are always pressures, trade-offs and challenges. Pragmatism is important, but so is discipline.
- Reinforce "the right way of doing things" continually. You’ll be pragmatic enough to realize not everything can be perfect initially, but you won’t compromise on what really matters.
- IDP has made several core architectural choices including a commitment to an event driven microservices architecture and an overwhelming commitment to security and privacy. You’ll ensure these choices are reflected in IDP’s technical progress.
- Identify and formalize patterns that address IDP use-cases based on Industry patterns
- Be aware of the overall Student Placement, and IDP, technical landscape to avoid duplication and maximize reuse.
- Identify opportunities to improve IDP’s agility, reduce TCO and tech debt, and increase developer productivity.
Communicate, Contribute and Collaborate
Software is a team sport, so your ability to work with the greater team will be a major factor in your effectiveness.
- You’ll often work on initiatives in their early stages where there is ambiguity and differing opinions. Your ability to bring clarity is a critical value-add in this role.
- Demonstrate a willingness to socialize ideas and lead discussions towards a clear business solution. Bring artifacts that facilitate conversations to an outcome.
- Effectively communicates with senior stakeholders the value of architecture, patterns, NFRs and Standards
- We believe one of the best measures of an Architects value is the extent to which development teams and business owners request their involvement.
- Actively promote Modern Software Engineering approaches.
Explore and Evaluate
Like many organisations IDP can effectively adopt new technologies. But we also are successful at cleaning the cupboards and retiring technical debt.
- Evaluate new technologies and services for use in IDP’s landscape.
- Work through the detail of removing legacy technologies from IDP’s landscape.
- IDP utilize AWS services extensively. You’ll be up to date with AWS services and how they are used to add business value.
- 5+ years’ experience with solutioning, systems integration, application development, including extensive exposure to SaaS and Cloud solutions.
You will have experience and a demonstrable understanding of:
- Event Driven Architectures
- Micro Service Architectures
- AWS Serverless Services
- Data Structures and Management
- Integration approaches and implementations
- Modern Software Development
- Detail Oriented. Solution architects’ work usually start at the conceptual or logical level but very quickly get down into detail. You’ll need to be a good judge of the right level of detail for the problem at hand.
- You’ll be a confident and natural communicator with a fantastic ability to help a wide range of stakeholders understand the business value of key Enterprise Architecture decisions through concise and effective communications.
- You’ll be responsive. You’ll be able to start adding value, insights and guidance on our digital initiatives within weeks of your start. You’ll have a penchant for removing blockers and ensuring projects are taking IDP to the right destination.
- You will be a natural coach and mentor. You get a thrill out of communicating skills and approaches and seeing others around you grow and develop. If you like to hold on to information or enjoy being indispensable, this isn’t the role for you.
- You will possess a bias for action and a fundamental commitment to quality in delivering services to support customer needs.
- Software Product delivery
- CICD and DevSecOps implementation
- TOGAF certification
- Prior experience in a digital customer services business
- SAP SaaS solutions
- Marketing and CX platforms