Software Developer (C4C)
DC - Software Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
IDP has completed the first phase of its digital transformation which has directly contributed to the massive acceleration in the world’s leading Edu-Tech business helping students fulfill their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities.
Our transformation journey is far from complete and we have an exciting range of projects utilizing our latest generation SAP SaaS suite of CRM tools, SAFE agile, AWS integration and microservices landscape and our in-house development experts. IDP run C4C, Hybris Commerce and Hybris Marketing and have an exciting agenda to extend our innovation across the suite – and beyond. IDP also utilize Successfactors, ServiceNow and a range of other best-of-breed solutions.
We need an SAP C4C SDK Developer to join our team and help drive further innovation into our technology platform. We have a passionate team of SAP experts, senior leadership backing and an exciting agenda of change and enhancement.
You’ll be someone who gets a kick out of being a critical member of a high performing team, creating clean code that accelerates IDPs agenda to support students in their life-long study journey. We do great stuff here at IDP.
We’ll be relying on you to…
Be a hands-on member of the SAP C4C development team
- You will have a strong need to get involved in the most complex areas, and deliver clean robust code that is an example to other members of the team.
- Your passion to be a strong contributor to translate business requirements into a functional and technical requirement.
- In addition to actively driving forward the outputs of our planning process through sprints, you’ll play an active role in identifying opportunities to reduce technical debt and accelerate innovation.
- You’ll be confident in what constitutes good technical design and implementation and you will enforce this, gently, across the team.
Bring a culture of Design and Quality
- As IDP moves from the rush of the first phase of its Digital Transformation, and coming out of the initial stabilization work, there is an increased focus on innovation and quality. We need your expertise in design sessions, deep experience in ensuring quality of delivery, and passionate leadership.
- You’ll work with our Enterprise, Solution and Technical architects to give expert input into the SAP software design process to deliver on innovation challenges.
Deliver High Quality Code
- The work we do is important. We help students at a critical phase of their life journey. We do it exceptionally, and yet we’ve got 1000s of ideas on how to do even better. You’ll bring your ability to make the complex seem elegant, drive enhancements rapidly, and at a level of quality that will uplift the entire team.
- You’ll play a key role in releasing developments through to production. You’llutilize your understanding of SAP release management and bring your knowledge of best practice.
- As with most integrated environments, much of our innovation involves improving and extending integration between our various systems. You’ll have great experience in how to design and implement high quality integrations.
Security and Privacy
- We don’t triage security – it is always job zero. No code ever moves into production with a known vulnerability. We are entrusted with the personal information of our students, and we take this extremely seriously. With every other member of the team, you’ll be an expert voice in ensuring that Security and Privacy are a fundamental part of every design and deliverable.
- In addition to the low maintenance code you and your team deliver, you will actively work with the Service Desk team to continuously improve the stability and supportability of our landscape; you’ll drive automation, monitoring and innovation into the production landscape and actively work to upskill Level 1 and 2 Service Agents to increase the First call resolution rates.
- Degree qualified with at least 3 years in Software development
- Minimum 3 + Years working experience in software development with the below key knowledge;
- CRM functional domain knowledge
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms
- Be familiar with at least one IDE (Microsoft Visual Studio) and learn quickly to new technologies.
- Object Oriented concepts with proven programming skill is a must
- should be aware of solution deployment to tenants in the landscape
- Strong knowledge of integration protocols relevant to SAP SaaS offerings: OData API, Webhooks, XML, XSD etc.
- You’ll be able to articulate how integrations should be delivered, and what to avoid.You’ll know the pre-packaged integration flows available for SAP C4C.
- Strong knowledge on RDBMS and how to write efficient SQL.
- Good negotiations and explanation skills to work with other technical leaders, and business owners to build consensus and ensure your knowledge of what is right is incorporated into the design and solution.
- Able to clearly articulate approaches to Security and Privacy that are relevant to the role. Clear understanding of the role of Authentication, Certificates, Encryption and other security concepts relevant to SAP Development and Integration.
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal. You’ll be relied on by leadership and other technical specialists for advice and direction – you must be able to communicate clearly and accurately.
- A sense of urgency and fundamental commitment to quality.
- Experience in an Agile methodology – IDP use SAFE Agile
- Certification in SAP C4C technical course C4C30 and C4C50 would be added advantage
- Experience in SAP ABSL, BODL, UI Script, UI designer MVC concept using Cloud Applications Studio (SDK)
- Experience in the technical management of upgrades
- Project Management, Agile certifications
- Experience in SCPI , Datahub and other integration tools.
- ITIL experience
- Interest in learning how to extend the value of SAP with AWS Microservices
- Passionate views on how to maximise the value of SAP CRM solutions
- Experience in SAP Hybris platforms