SEO Specialist - Southeast Asia, Vietnam
Regional Marketing | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The SEO Specialist role is responsible for developing and implementing the organic search strategy in the IELTS business within the SEA region, and specifically the Student Placement business in Vietnam country. As well as developing the global site structure and strategy, you’ll lead best practice across all the local country teams, supporting and helping optimise their own regional tactics and ideas to drive e-commerce business for IELTS websites in SEA.
Strategy, Planning and Delivery
- Create the technical SEO and organic growth strategy that works across the designated countries.
- Drive the markets’ growth strategy in keyword rankings, backlinking, organic enquiries by leveraging the markets’ capabilities and identifying gaps to resolve.
- Co-ordinate with development teams, marketing teams to deliver the region’s strategy
Technical SEO Analysis and Remediation
- Ensure crawlable, healthy websites that rank high in key search engines for multiple keywords
- Conduct audits to gauge the SEO health of the region’s websites from indexation, rankings, crawl rate, site speed and availability
- Determine and deliver actions required based on audit outcomes to yourself, developers and marketing teams to address
- Collect and disseminate web metrics to demonstrate status and progress
On Page Optimization
- Utilise the latest techniques to ensure high ranking across pages including:
- Website architecture & internal linking optimization
- Identify duplicate content issues
- URL optimization
- Meta & Heading tags management
- Page speed & image optimization
- Use of H1, H2, canonical, no-follow tags
- Improve image & video search optimisation
- Manage sitemaps & robots.txt
- Resolve mobile usability issue
- Improve page load speed on mobile device
- AMP (accelerated mobile pages) implementation
- Structured data / rich & featured snippets implementation
- Language & location tags
Off Page & Content Marketing
- Collaborate with marketing teams to create a winning link building and partnership strategy
- Sharing best practices with country teams for link building opportunities
- Put in place best practices of Google local business listings
- Sharing backlink audit reports
- Leverage successful SEO ideas / initiatives from across country and share that within the IDP SEO Community
- Act as one POC for all country SEO requirements
- Collation of all on-page optimisation ideas from countries team
- Manage budget and resource allocations effectively to deliver business priorities
- Exercise appropriate stewardship over IDP assets and intellectual property
- Expenditure is in line with agreed budget and business priorities
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 4 years of experience in organic search space, local business optimisation, search engine ranking factors and on-page and off-page optimisation
- Familiar with Vietnam market mainly and have experiences in SEO campaign for any country in SEA (Cambodia, Phillippines...)
- Lead Generation, and E-Commerce background preferred
- Educated to Graduation level or equivalent
- Strong understanding of keyword research, technical SEO, responsive site (mobile)
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, XHTML, CMS (Content Management System), site architecture an advantage
- Reporting & tracking SEO performance on regular basis
- Must have good understanding of Google Keyword Planner, Google search console, Google Trends, Google Analytics & SEO tools
- Ability & willingness to learn new skills as essential in the fast-paced SEO space
- Able to read, analyse and interpret information effectively and use & apply findings to deliver better SEO outcomes (growth in organic traffic and enquiries) moving forward
- Basic IT Skills - MS office
- Knowledge of MS office (excel, PowerPoint) to populate different SEO related reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working in dynamic global environment
- Experience in the education or travel industries
- Great fluency in English and Vietnamese is compulsory. Additional proficiency in any Southeast Asian country language would be a plus
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.