Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
This is an opportunity for an SEO specialist to join our SEO team, which forms part of the larger Brand & Content team within IDP Connect (IDPC), part of IDP Education, the world leader in student recruitment.
Your role is central to the development and growth of our domestic portfolio, and its range of sector-leading, global education search and research websites, including Whatuni, the Complete University Guide, and Postgraduate Search.
Reporting to the SEO Manager, you will be work within the team in the delivery of our domestic SEO work. You will help to deliver a range of content and technical solutions, and implement strategies, techniques and tactics for SEO, contributing to the growth of quality organic traffic. This will involve keyword research, on-page optimisation (including meta-data and content optimisation) and link-building.
- Work with the SEO Manager to implement our SEO strategy across content and technical, to maximise our organic traffic opportunities across our domestic portfolio
- Help the SEO Manager to carry out all forms of organic research including competitor analyses, backlink audits, site speed and technical SEO audits (using tools including Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog, DeepCrawl etc.)
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation and grow organic ranking position for site-specific keyword sets
- Work with content, marketing, product, data, and development teams to achieve the best on-page results
- Work closely with the Content Executives and other cross-team members to implement the Link Building strategy.
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to analyse data, spot trends, issues and opportunities to feed into strategy
- Take responsibility for monitoring organic traffic performance across your portfolio and reporting back errors and performance issues
- Assist the SEO Manager with analytics and performance reporting
- Perform required tasks within the overall project roadmaps
- Assist the SEO Manager to troubleshoot and implement solutions for traffic issues or lack of growth
- Keep up-to-date with changes in the industry and report back to the business the potential impact
- Any other duties which may be required by your manager over the course of your working week
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrable analytical and SEO competencies, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience (either client or agency-side)
- Working knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS and AJAX websites
- Experience working on technical SEO projects
- Experience using popular online search marketing tools (e.g. Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog, DeepCrawl etc.)
- Up-to-date with trends and best practice in SEO and the wider digital marketing landscape
- Reporting and analytical skills, highlighting potential issues, opportunities and improvements
- Good people and communication skills, with the ability to lead conversations in meetings
- Good time management and project management fundamentals
- Great team player with experience working collaboratively across multiple departments
- Have a curious mindset, that strives to find answers that may not be documented
- Ability to work autonomously and think critically
- Possess a continuous willingness to learn
- Good experience using Microsoft Excel for data research