Senior Sustainability Lead
Human Resources | Manila, Philippines | Full Time
IDP is an Australian Headquartered public company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange but we are truly global. We have operations in over 50 countries and we take pride in our purpose driven work of connecting students from around the world with their international study aspirations and helping them realise their global ambitions.
IDP is committed to building a sustainable future and improving the lives of our customers and our people and we are therefore delighted to be expanding our Group Sustainability team with this newly created role.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Sustainability, you will lead the development and implementation of key environmental sustainability programs that will help IDP deliver on our sustainability strategy. This will include;
- Providing specialist technical expertise and advice on strategies for managing climate & environment risks
- Contributing to governance aspects of the sustainability program including materiality assessments, risk mitigation and communication/reporting.
- Overseeing our environment/sustainability performance and initiating actions to address performance trends
- Managing our climate change performance and reporting requirements and leading the company’s public submissions to relevant bodies.
- Leading the implementation and integration of environmental priorities, programs, policies, risks & initiatives to align practices across the organisation
- Educating and supporting our regional leaders and the global IDP community to continually improve our environmental impact.
This is a key role within our business and will require someone with extensive experience and understanding of climate change principles, practices and frameworks including carbon accounting, GHG protocols, net zero pathway modelling and scenario analysis. You are someone who has a real passion for building a sustainable future and for driving tangible change. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in engaging cross functional teams and building relationships with key stakeholders across a global organisation
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to produce quantitative and qualitative data analysis reporting and recommendations relating to sustainability
- Degree qualifications in sustainability, climate or environmental management and at least 6-8 years applied experience.
- A mix of corporate (inhouse) and consulting or public policy experience would be ideal.
This role will be based in our Manila, Philippines office.
Why join us
Be part of our story; we have evolved over the last 50 years and our future is about growth and continuing to expand our global presence. We truly are a diverse organisation with team members in nearly every corner of the globe. We will support you to create meaningful and rewarding experiences, grow your career with purpose, and celebrate as a global team.
For more information please contact Kathy Head on +61418494015 or jump right in by hitting the apply button now.