Senior Quality Engineer -Automation
DC - Quality Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
IDP has completed the first phase of its digital transformation which has directly contributed to the massive acceleration in the world’s leading Edu-Tech business helping students fulfil their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities.
Our transformation journey is far from complete and we have an exciting range of SAFe Agile driven projects utilizing DevOps and TDD techniques with the latest technologies such as microservices built on Server-less architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning by our in-house development experts.
We have an ambitious test automation agenda, and we realize the vital role that test automation plays in enterprise grade IT.
A key part of our strategy is to utilize industry leading test automation tools & frameworks including, but not limited to, Cucumber BDD, TestComplete, ReadyAPI Test, Selenium, Pact, TestNG, Nunit and PyTest to introduce continuous testing and accelerate our release cycles. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer - Automation to drive our automation agenda.
You’ll be someone who gets a kick out of being a critical member of a high performing team, planning and delivering the step change in test quality and performance that Automation delivers.
We’ll be relying on you to…
- Evaluate the technical landscape of a product and determine the best approach to automate tests
- Choose the best tool and framework to automate tests and test related processes through a formal tool evaluation process
- Analyse the tests and determine the layer on which the test scripts need to be written and be executed – Contract, API or the UI layers
- Automate tests with enough abstraction, ensuring sufficient readability and maintainability
- Prioritize test scripts by collaborating closely with the functional testing team and the business teams
- Periodic refactor of test scripts to ensure minimal technical debt
- Hook tests on to the DevOps / CICD pipelines, so that the tests could be triggered automatically as per the conditions of the pipeline
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training to other members of the Testing team, and developer and configuration teams.
- Designing & implementing test automation strategy.
- Creating automation test plan and getting approvals.
- Review automation scripts and timely feedback to fix them.
- Responsible for test metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems.
- Responsible for automated testing techniques to support sanity, regression, integration, and system testing within sprint cycle.
- Fellow Test team members
- Development Squads and Architects
- Product Owners
- Third party integration partners
- Degree qualified with at least 3 years of experience in Software Testing with at least 2 years in Automation
- Experience testing an Integrated landscape and has extensive knowledge and experience on both UI & API Test Automation
- Experience integrating tests on the CICD pipeline on a CI tool
- Aptitude to understand the technical landscape of the product and to design tests based on that
- Ability to define a test automation strategy, which identifies the levels of tests, approach to choose tests for automation and identify the best tools for automation
- A sense of urgency and fundamental commitment to quality
- Able to communicate with confidence, both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience in setting up a test automation framework from scratch
- Experience in white-box testing
- Experience in testing CRM, Commerce and Marketing platforms
- Have written white papers / blogs / articles on testing / automation