Senior IELTS Administration Assistant
IELTS | Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Senior IELTS Administration Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to Dubai IELTS Test Centre Administrator and Test Centre Manager in accordance with IELTS regulations and IDP policies. Strict adherence to test security and administration requirements is an essential part of the job.
- Customer Service
- Business Acumen
- Operations Management
- Client Management
- Project Service Enhancement
- Test Day Tasks
- Ensure all test candidates receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test.
- Ensure all staff involved in testing are culturally sensitive.
- Provide clear, comprehensive advice to general enquirers and ensure that more complex enquires are forwarded to the correct person for a response.
- Assist in the management of the budget for IELTS testing in designated region, including test revenue and all associated costs – staff,
- Venue, storage, premises etc.
- Provide regular management and financial reports on testing as required.
- Assist the Test Centre Administrator / Manager as required to ensure all business operations provide annual business plans that are aligned with IELTS Business objectives.
- Continually monitor test day availability and capacity to ensure centres meet current demand.
- Assist the Test Centre Administrator / Manager in the conduct of audits on IELTS test centres as scheduled and provide documented feedback and reports.
- Ensure both test centres and off site testing operations are managed within the IELTS operating procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all IELTS manuals.
- Assist the Test Centre Administrator / Manager in adhering to PSN policy and procedure of all Examiner Trainers and Examiners.
- Assist with the development and implementation of IELTS policies.
- Work in a professional manner with stakeholders and in accordance with organizational values.
- Monitor all current contracts to ensure terms are adhered to.
- Inform the Test Centre Administrator / Manager of issues regarding risk management / security to ensure centre compliance with security policy and procedures.
- Process all invoices in a timely manner.
- Support the Test Centre Administrator / Manager with the following activities;
- Supervision of IELTS testing conducted in Designated test centers / locations (see separate section below: ‘Support with the following test day tasks’).
- Financial and statistical reporting and invoicing is conducted accurately and on time.
- Independently perform self-audits on the relevant IELTS test center as required and provide documented feedback and reports.
- Manage the delivery of projects on time, within budget and in accordance with annual plans and targets.
- Supervise Administrative Assistants on tasks/
- Projects as required.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase cooperation, efficiency and operational effectiveness between IDP’s student placement and IELTS operations
- Assist in stakeholder management activities to maintain stakeholder satisfaction and integrity of the test
- Assist Test Centre Administrator / Manager to build and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders both internal and external ensuring that all business outcomes are satisfactorily met
Project Service Enhancement
- Work with the Test Centre Administrator / Manager on projects identified as a result of IELTS Partner Working Groups.
- Assist the Test Centre Administrator / Manager with preparation of management reports.
- Participate in reviews of IELTS manuals and procedures for test enhancement.
Support with the following test day tasks
- Assist Test Administrator / Manager in organizing each test.
Preparing the Exam venue
- Ensuring all test materials, Registration folders, desk labels and all other materials required for the test per the test checklist, are organized and ready to be taken to the test venue.
- Ensuring adequate invigilators for the test by contacting invigilators and planning staff levels for test in advance.
- Ensuring all invigilators have signed appropriate documents and passed all required training.
- Responsibility for preparation of the exam room(s) and registration and belongings storage areas in accordance with IELTS requirements including:
- Sound equipment check
- Seating o Signage o Lighting
- Projectors and Power Point ready
- Desk labels affixed properly
- Seating plan drawn up and replicated for invigilation staff
- Placement of bollards for crowd control.
Starting the Exam
- Conduct pre-test briefing and job allocation for invigilators
- Supervising the invigilation team to ensure:
- Efficient movement of candidates to registration and into the exam room.
- Precise inventory control of test materials at all times.
- Invigilator collection of test materials in prescribed manner.
- Candidates given correct test materials.
- Registration, impostor detection and checking of belongings managed in accordance with highest tes Standards.
During the Exam
- Reading of invigilation script
- Distribution test materials
- Counting and inventory control of all test materials
- Timing of the test
- Dealing with queries, test day incidents and any misconduct occurrences and ensuring that IELTS policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Recording all absentees on the seating plan.
Finishing the Exam
- Supervising orderly and efficient collection of test materials.
- Conducting and signing off, final inventory control count of all test materials.
- Supervising orderly exit of candidates and collection of belongings.
- Supervising packing and dispatching of all test materials as required.
- Collection and sign off of all staff timesheets
- Organize all aspects of post-test materials handling to appropriate location.
- Organize secure destruction of test materials.
- Organize and supervise marking of test materials, including staffing with appropriately qualified examiners and clerical markers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience relating to administration and business support activities
- Fluent in English and Arabic knowledge preferred
- Strong administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills and able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders with varying needs (students, parents, institution representatives, colleagues etc..).
- Customer focused, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyses and solve problems effectively.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make decisions and act with Integrity, in the best interests of IDP.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Sound IT skills – Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems