Senior Executive - Finance
Finance | Kathmandu, Nepal | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
1. Local compliance
- Preparation of financial statements and conduct of Statutory Audit before due date.
- Conduct of monthly reviews and timely submission of VAT and TDS returns.
- Adherence to Labor Act and other local statutes.
- Control over books of accounts
- Send accounting journals, supporting documents and vouchers to the Accounting team for timely posting in the books of accounts.
- Review of expense heads and general ledgers to close the Monthly Closing Activity.
3. Vendor Management and Procurement
- Booking of expenses incurred by the Branch on time.
- Responsible for payment processing to vendors based on their payment terms.
- Dealings and negotiation with service and goods vendor.
- Participation in meetings for purchases of utilities and other goods/services.
- Providing logistical support for stores management.
- Monthly Outlook and Budget Management
- Discuss with Sales Team for revenue projection.
- Analyze expense heads and submit projection for expenses
- Provide inputs during budget exercise
- Ensure that expenses are incurred inline with budget and outlook submitted.
5. Cost savings and MIS
- Oversee the areas of potential cost savings and take necessary action for optimum utilization of resources.
- Provide inputs on MIS and other reports asked by Regional Finance and Finance Manager
6. Accounts reconciliation and Coordination with Financial Shared Services
1. Timely reconciliation of statutory balances and other balance sheet items.
2. Coordination with Financial Shared Services team for smooth accounting and books maintenance.
3. Liaise with Finance Manger for any kind of deviation and/or issues.