Senior Education Counsellor_Auckland
Student Counselling | Auckland, New Zealand | Contract
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
Our success comes from connecting International students with the right course in the right institution at the right destination. We are a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test that helps people to achieve their study and migration aspirations. We not only jointly provide the IELTS test, we help test-takers prepare and gain confidence through IELTS support tools and guidance.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Senior Education Counsellor will provide information, advice and processing of applications for international students seeking placement in education institutions and promote IELTS tests and other IDP products and services to walk ins and other students. The Senior Education Counsellor will mentor, provide training to fellow counsellors on product knowledge, compliance/CRM adoption and support their ongoing professional development. Working closely with the Operations Manager will support in client meetings, office related events, and team building initiatives.
- Proactively engage with international students in New Zealand, their families and their friends to promote IDP services and support products providing them with information and advice on study opportunities and visa applications in New Zealand
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Follow through on student enquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required.
- Submit applications to Institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments
- Follow up potential students and maximise conversion of students submitting applications and finalising enrolment through IDP
- Organise student excursions and cultural events
- Manage in-house interview sessions where students can meet institutions to submit on the spot applications
- Assist the preparation and running of major promotional events such as Interview Sessions, Expos and IELTS Masterclass.
- Assist the promotion and student bookings of excursions and cultural events
- Promote and sell IDP Onshore Student Essentials services where applicable, support IDP network students and the onshore delivery of IDP Student Essentials they purchased
- Assist students with on-arrival issues and provide them with on-shore IDP Services
- Promote IDP IELTS Tests and assist test bookings in the office
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using a CRM for managing student cases and running performance reports. Ensure accuracy in data entry and management.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes.
- Manage and store student files through the established filing system
- Follow standard CRM sales process to record and update all student interactions and applications, follow through on students’ enquiries and applications
- Continually enhance product knowledge base through client trainings, workshops, briefing sessions, visits and peer discussions and IELTS Customer Service Training, keeping informed of market and NZI regulation changes that may have an impact on the business
- Stay updated with IDP Value Added service offerings and process involved
- Completion of relevant Education Agents training course
- Share knowledge and market information with team members who may find it useful
- Maintain and update all generic IDP and institutional information materials
- Provide input on marketing activities to promote IDP brand and services
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threats in the market
- Manage other team members’ work and student cases during their absence
- Work with marketing staff and institution representatives in strategies for promoting institution
- Build good working relationships with IDP network counsellors and marketing and admissions staff from institutions
- Assist Line Manager and other stakeholders to administer operations and team performance on a day-to-day basis
- Coach and mentor peers and help them improve/develop capabilities
- Coordinate administrative tasks to assist Line Manager including monitoring CRM KPIs and other project related goals
- Work closely with the Line Manager to provide necessary support in client meetings, office related events, and team building initiatives
- Act as a role model for fellow colleagues
Adhere to IDP process, policies and Code of Conduct, displaying consistent high level of professionalism at work
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed Bachelor Degree or an equivalent amount of experience/education
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in New Zealand or Australia in a similar role
- Fluent in English and a second language
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Highly sales driven
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Understand needs and issues of on-shore international students
GOOD TO HAVE
- Fluency in Hindi
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.