Senior Data Engineer
Information Services | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
Freedom to enable a new platform with data using the best technology and play a leading role in the digital transformation of an ASX-listed company with 5000 staff and offices in 30 countries.
To implement advanced analytics solutions that improve business outcomes, such as digital engagement and student conversion, and to improve Data Engineering practices across IDP.
- Develop design patterns in conjunction with Solution Architecture that support the delivery of quality data and robust advanced analytical models in production
- Uplift development resources
Service architecture improvement
- Develop patterns that employ microservices to acquire data, run algorithms and publish results to production systems.
- Build operational monitoring into all services to insulate models from upstream changes or failures.
- Integrate propensity scores into production systems to improve conversion outcomes.
- Productionise algorithms to improve search relevancy and user experience
- Integrate and combine different recommendation services into different online experiences
- Establish continuous monitoring and improvement process for releases - using appropriate model comparison techniques eg champion/challenger and A/B testing
Ways of working
- Suggest changes to processes and core systems to quality of data
- Collaborate with engineers in campus in India on existing IDP architecture patterns
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of machine learning and advanced analytics in a commercial environment
- Experience implementing and monitoring production models using service architectures
- Undergraduate degree in science, mathematics or computer science
- Advanced SQL, Python, Tableau,
- Use of cloud solutions for managing data (eg AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in mentoring/teaching skills to other team members
- Team player
- Experience with recommendation engines
- Post graduate qualification in statistics, data science, computer science or mathematics
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.