Senior Accountant (temporary 7 months)
Finance | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Temporary
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
1. Team Management
- Mentor 3 team members (2 in HCMC & 1 in DN
2. Controlling HCMC Financials
- Review team’s coding (verify G/L coding of bank receipt transactions & cash payment transactions)
- Prepare month end journals
- Controls recordings make sure accuracy and compliance to company’s policies
3. Local Statutory Accounts
- Prepare stat books on monthly basis for HCMC & DN
- Review monthly/ quarterly tax returns prepared by accountants in HCMC & DN, submit them after signed off
5. Cash Management
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast, manage cash handlings in offices in HCMC & DN to be compliant with policies
6. Accounts Payable
- Manage payment process, ensure compliance
7. Finance Analysis
- Provide analysis of costs & expenses on monthly basis.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree in Accounting
- At least 2-3 years relevant work experience as a general accountant (Prior experience of working with an international organization is preferred)
- Familiar with international accounting standards (ACCA or equivalent is preferred)
- Good understanding of accounting standards & tax regulations in Vietnam
- Proficiency in English Language is essential
- High level of personal and professional integrity with good analytical skills and ability to function well in a multi-cultural environment
- Working knowledge in any ERP/ accounting software
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and office
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.