Technology Services | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
IDP operates in over thirty countries, across three major business lines. Our people are our greatest asset – it is through their passion, expertise and dedication that enables us to deliver outstanding service to our customers, clients and partners.
A new and exciting opportunity exists for a Security Administrator to join our team in Melbourne. You will utilise your customer service skills to provide commercial and security advice, to all business operations within IDP Education Australia in accordance with Company security policies, procedures and guidelines.
The security administrator will work to ensure that all of IDP’s company's data is kept secure and stable at all times. This will include company files and digital assets, employee data and sensitive customer information. The administrator will identify and help analyze any possible vulnerabilities and identify unusual activity and react swiftly to prevent or mitigate breaches.
IDP is seeking an experienced Security Administrator that can provide extensive practical experience regarding IT security related matters and help coordinate routine security tasks based on relevant policies, standards, procedures and best practices.
IDP is committed to provide efficient, effective and timely security service to our internal and external customers
- Coordinating and carrying out routine security tasks based on relevant policies, standards, procedures and best practices
- Assisting with the implementation of security measures for the protection of security classified information and sensitive commercial information
- Providing efficient, effective and timely security service to our internal and external customers
- Overseeing the onboarding and offboarding of staff by ensuring all new employees, contractors and 3rd party personnel are managed within the defined service level agreement
- Responding to and maintaining records of security incidents, escalating where needed
- Providing support to ensure the company passes all security audits and maintains the high standard required
- Help implement stability and security procedures regarding malware in the company's information hardware. This can include installation, upgrading, and improvement of malware detection and prevention software across the entire company, as well as implementing policies for firewalls and site-blocking.
- Help develop the company's written official guidelines for how it deals with information and communication; these can include defining what files, e-mails, or digital assets may be shared across work groups, with clients, or with the public.
- Provide security recommendations in architecture design, development & integration of new ICT system features into existing infrastructures while maintaining integrity & security of enterprise-wide ICT infrastructure
- Develop and manage security risks across the IS Team
- Ensure currency and effectiveness of authentication, encryption, intrusion detection and preventative security scans.
- Provide recommendations for changes to further improve security related best practices
- Undertake design and implementation of ICT Security Policies across all layers (Network, Compute, Storage) and create Microsoft User Account Control Policies, AD Group Policies and Linux Domain Policies
- Work with Senior Administrators to provide operational administration, sustain the Server & associated Infrastructure
- Actively participate and contribute to Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing
- Author quality high quality technical and training documentation and diagrams, including as built/as configured for Infrastructure disciplines
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to think logically and provide solutions to potential problems
- Certificate in Security Officer training or any related training, will be highly regarded
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated broad background in information security across a broad range of information security skills and technologies,
- Interpreting security requirements, recommending security measures and policy creation
- Experience reviewing, interpreting and implementing Information Security Manual, controls and frameworks (PSPF)
- ICT Infrastructure Security Hardening experience
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Tools and analytics
- Demonstrate Security Administration experience with:
- Broad knowledge, skills and experience in Information Technology and Cyber Security.
- Highly developed TCP/IP networking skills and knowledge
- Firewall and IPS/IDS systems
- Datacentre design and security best practices
- Privacy Experience and how it relates to Security
- Modern client, server and hypervisor operating systems:
- Configuration and administration of Enterprise Security services.
- Plan, implement, mnitor, and troubleshoot internal information technology security policies, application security, access control, and corporate data safeguards.
- Analyse and define security requirements for LAN/WAN networks.
- Update secure configurations by routinely reviewing vendor sites, bulletins, and notifications for security information.
- Certify application, platform, and server security periodically.
- Provide technical advice on access control, security models, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, and security awareness training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Consultative style of addressing issues and solutions
- Developed analytical and ability to facilitate problem solving
- Excellent at prioritising multiple tasks, managing conflicting deadlines and working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Effective stakeholder management, including globally distributed stakeholders, and an understanding of escalation triggers
- Ability to gain commitment from others and effectively manage expectations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in the fields of computer science or business systems
- Security certifications well regarded
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a Security Role
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.