Sales Support and Customer Service Officer
Student Placement | Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Sales Support and Customer Service Officer delivers an outstanding experience to our students as their first face to face touch point and provides administration support to Counsellors and team members, aiding to provide a seamless customer experience.
Assisting students to progress to the counselling stage and then on to each subsequent contact through their journey ensuring the smooth and efficient processing of student applications via relevant systems.
This is a Full time role based out of our George Street Office.
- Follow up leads and contacts to maximise student applications submitted and finalise enrolments with IDP
- Support IDP network students
- Back Office Administration
- Collect and collate data entry of student details and applications, manage student files electronically
- Perform matching sessions as per the requested institution and course, obtain offers and facilitate enrollments
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone and email inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Follow through on student inquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required.
- Managing reception occasionally including responding to and redirecting queries where required
- Assist and promote IDP IELTS test candidates with general information and test bookings
- Support event managers in the organisation of major promotional events such as Interview Sessions, twice-a-year exhibitions and IELTS Masterclass, student excursions and cultural events when needed
- Assist the promotion and student bookings of excursions and cultural events
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threats in the market
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Working experience in Australia or in the International education industry
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Strong Communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office environment, particularly Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- High degree of motivation, initiative and flexibility
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
GOOD TO HAVE
- Completion of PIER Education Agent's Training Course
- Proficiency in a second language
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.