Regional Marketing Director, South East Asia
Marketing | Bangkok, Thailand | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
Join us as we grow our team of digital marketing experts across the region to help us build tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For more than 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA and the UK. With more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
We are undergoing a digital transformation and changing the way we support, engage and reach our customers whether they choose to talk with us online, at an event, or in our offices. Our regional teams in South East Asia have been leading the way in delivering this transformation.
This is a newly created role, which has come about as result of our digital transformation journey. The role is central in delivering our objectives and works within the regional and country leadership teams to orchestrate all online and offline marketing initiatives. Through delivering an integrated omni-channel marketing strategy, the Regional Marketing Director will empower the business to build marketing initiatives which delight our customer base and ensure they enjoy a seamless experience across all their engagements with us.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Adopt, localise and deliver IDP’s strategy for a modern marketing evolution, which drives the IDP global business strategy
- Create and drive execution of IDP South East Asia’s unified marketing strategy across all platforms, maximising opportunity lines and improving user experience through marketing research and co-design
- Continually adapt agile strategy to meet movements in the market and execute practicalities
- As appropriate, disrupt our own business model to redefine our existing business and/or enter new adjacent spaces as the business grows and new opportunities are identified
- Lead and deliver an effective digital marketing strategy that encompasses modern technology and techniques including marketing automation and content strategy
- Drive IDP’s evolution into an agile, digital-enabled and customer-led business
- Ensure digital speed and decisions based on customer feedback and statistical analysis
- Be the leading voice of our customer at the management table.
- Establish a culture of collaboration and co-creation with customers, clients, partners and other relevant bodies to deliver meaningful participation and strong outcomes aligned to business strategy
- Develop strong connections between IDP and our customers to deliver rewarding interactions and experiences
- Lead, develop and maintain a high performing team that will deliver IDP’s key marketing objectives
- Contribute to building a positive work environment within the team based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality
- Ensuring event marketing success
- Boost the effectiveness of existing business models through digital approaches and tools and to develop new revenue streams
- Establish IDP as the leader in the digital space by ensuring high quality and customer-focussed digital content
- Contact Centres
- Web Analytics, CRM and Reporting
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
This is an exciting time to be joining IDP Education - this role is critical to our ongoing evolution. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to develop and effectively implement global marketing strategy, in a country or regional leadership position of five years or more within South East Asia.
The level of engagement demanded by this role will require this person to work with diverse groups and, therefore, he or she needs to be an outstanding communicator, able to present clearly and influence, especially through the use of data.
We're looking for a strong people leader with a track record of taking people with him/her, someone who has strong cross-cultural awareness, respects diversity and can thrive in a dynamic global environment.
A tertiary qualification in marketing or business management is desirable.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. We are looking for people who share that passion of making an impact in people's lives.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.