Regional Financial Controller
Finance | Singapore | Full Time
An Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Top 100 business, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions and English-language testing.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other.
IDP is truly international. We have a culture that celebrates diversity. With more than 5,000 people around the world, when you join IDP you become part of a connected community that supports you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.
The Regional Finance Controller will be the regional lead responsible for ensuring timely and effective delivery of accounting, finance systems, compliances, and tax outcomes in SEA by serving as a key interface between SEA local, regional and HQ finance and shared services teams – and leading regional improvement initiatives.
The role contributes to global finance improvement initiatives by collaborating with a range of stakeholders and lending expertise and high energy to drive outcomes.
We are seeking a finance leader who can drive a people recognition culture for SEA finance community working and partnering Regional Finance Director and Country Finance Heads to provide mentoring to finance staff and drive delivery of training schemes to upskill finance teams.
The role offers exposure to business planning activities, enabling wide personal skill development for the right candidate.
This full-time opportunity is based in Singapore, reporting to the Regional Finance Director – SEA with occasional international travel.
We are looking for:
- 8+ yrs. relevant experience in multi-national environments with well-honed influencing and English communication skills – ensuring ability to effectively communicate across all countries and levels of the organisation
- Resilience & “can do” attitude, willingness to be hands-on and detailed oriented
- Proactive mentality to anticipate and effectively mitigate issues promptly
- Structured and disciplined approach to collecting, reviewing, and organising information to derive and communicate sound solutions
- Strong team development experience developing a range of staff directly and indirectly to greater levels of performance
- Post graduate finance qualifications
- Six Sigma or other operational change / improvement qualifications and experience
- Solid change management (including finance transformation and/or finance systems) experience
- ASEAN language skills are an advantage
Only candidates with the rights to work in the country will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by recruiter
Why join us:
At IDP, we value diversity, and you can be yourself, be seen, heard, valued, and celebrated every day for your meaningful contributions.
If you identify as a member of an underrepresented community, we encourage you to apply.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Professional development programs to grow your career
- Be a part of a creative and collaborative truly global workforce
- Medical and dental coverage for employee and dependants
- Modern offices located on Orchard