Quality Engineer - Automation
Digital Campus - Quality Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP has completed the first phase of its digital transformation which has directly contributed to the massive acceleration in the world’s leading Edu-Tech business helping students fulfil their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities.
Our transformation journey is far from complete and we have an exciting range of SAFe Agile driven projects utilizing DevOps and TDD techniques with the latest technologies such as microservices built on Server-less architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning by our in-house development experts.
We have an ambitious test automation agenda, and we realize the vital role that test automation plays in enterprise grade IT.
A key part of our strategy is to utilize industry leading test automation tools & frameworks including, but not limited to, Cucumber BDD, TestComplete, ReadyAPI Test, Selenium, Pact, TestNG, Nunit and PyTest to introduce continuous testing and accelerate our release cycles. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer - Automation to drive our automation agenda.
You’ll be someone who gets a kick out of being a critical member of a high performing team, planning and delivering the step change in test quality and performance that Automation delivers.
We’ll be relying on you to…
- Analyse the tests and determine the layer on which the test scripts need to be written and be executed – Contract, API or the UI layers
- Automate tests with enough abstraction, ensuring sufficient readability and maintainability
- Prioritize test scripts by collaborating closely with the functional testing team and the business teams
- Periodic refactor of test scripts to ensure minimal technical debt
- Design solutions for test automation strategies.
- Responsible for test metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems.
- Responsible for automated testing techniques to support sanity, regression, integration, and system testing within sprint cycle.
- Fellow Test team members
- Development Squads and Architects
- Product Owners
- Third party integration partners
- Degree qualified with at least 1 year of experience in automation
- Experience testing an Integrated landscape and has extensive knowledge and experience on both UI & API Test Automation
- Aptitude to understand the technical landscape of the product and to design tests based on that
- Ability to define a test automation strategy, which identifies the levels of tests, approach to choose tests for automation and identify the best tools for automation
- A sense of urgency and fundamental commitment to quality
- Able to communicate with confidence, both verbally and in writing
- Previous experience in setting up a test automation framework from scratch
- Experience in white-box testing
- Experience in testing CRM, Commerce and Marketing platforms
- Have written white papers / blogs / articles on testing / automation
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.