DigiTech | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP is an ASX listed international education organisation offering Student Placement services in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, UK, Ireland and Canada. IDP is headquartered in Australia with its head office at 535 Bourke Street, Melbourne.
Joining IDP is an opportunity to work for a mission-driven Edu-Tech organisation, focusing on guiding international students along their journey to achieve lifelong learning and their career aspirations using our state-of-art digital platform.
Our business is growing every year and our Digital Transformation is entering the next phase - to use the world’s biggest student database to further build IDP’s global platform to continuously improve our service to our customers.
About the Role
- Hands-on Developers role – Owns the quality and delivery of “Integration at Speed”
- Strong Developer, able to develop in a squad towards CI/CD, DevOps delivery
- Extensive experience in development patterns, approaches and testing
A hands-on Developer who will align with IDPs AWS Development Squad adopts and conforms to best practice patterns and practices. The successful candidate will play a critical role in delivering several projects utilizing the latest AWS microservices and features.
This role is a chance to get in at the beginning of an exciting journey as IDP utilizes AWS to improve the agility and effectiveness of information stored in its Enterprise SAP landscape.
While having the knowledge and ability to work for hands-on is important, to successfully transform to DevOps delivery with the AWS environment.
Your first project will be a set of AWS services extracting data from the Enterprise SAP landscape via SAP Webhooks and SAP Odata calls using the AWS microservices. You will work in a small squad of selected and motivated developers who will work along with you.
The Technology Stack is:
- Mandatory: Extensive Python development skills
- Knowledge of AWS micro-services – Lambda / SNS / SQS API Gateway
- Desirable: SAP Cloud: Hybris Commerce and Marketing, C4C; Webhooks, ODATA Services
- Architecture: Microservices, Event-Driven, Pub/Sub Model, Data Queues
- Desirable: Terraform: Infrastructure as Code, deployment framework
- Sumo Logic log aggregation
- SAFE Agile
Current and upcoming AWS projects include:
- Upgrade of existing Event-driven Pub/Sub architecture to enterprise-grade and porting of integrations
- Upgrade of existing Mobile Application microservices to enterprise-grade
- Creation of reusable patterns for Database driven application development using Aurora PostgreSQL DB
Location, Dates & Rate
Immediate Start – Permanent Role
- You are a strong developer in your own right to produce clean, testable and repeatable code in the AWS Cloud. You are disciplined and structured in the way you work, the deliverables you produce and the support you provide to the squad around you.
- You bring energy with you that will help the squad achieve our vision of “Integration Services at speed”. You know how to utilize patterns, training, automation and other approaches to combine quality and pace.
- You have a strong background in key development architectures such as integrations, application development, microservices codebases, database design and data-driven mobile applications – and you can demonstrate what disciplined development at pace looks like.
- You can bring well-paced productive drive with a detail-oriented, approach to bring velocity to development squads.
- You are comfortable in a Developer role and naturally, share your skills and take joy from other squad members building their expertise based on the experience you bring.
- You relish the opportunities to learn new technologies.
- You are Outcomes-based. This initiative has a lot of focus and support from the very top of IDP and will be focused on delivery to an exciting timeline. The business and technical leadership on-site with you are 100% committed to ensuring your success – decisions and direction will not hold you back.
- Your squad are skilled technologists, albeit with growing AWS skills, and enthusiastic and will work with you. You need to be a natural team player who can jointly focus on ensuring the success of your own work along with that of the squad.
- As part of the Squad Development, maintain a cheerful and productive attitude in the team. Work along with the team towards technical excellence and lead by example.
- At 2-3 years’ experience in a Software Development role gained in a Software Development team Own the outcome of “Integration at Speed”, and the quality of every technical deliverable that comes from the team.
- Guide squad towards CI/CD, TDD, DevOps delivery approaches
- Create patterns that epitomise clean code – performant, secure, cost-effective, maintainable – for use by the team.
- Continuously improve the quality and productivity of the team through peer code reviews, retrospectives and other ceremonies
- Deliver and continually build on the standards of the squad
- Proactively keep up to date on AWS service and feature developments and sponsor improvements with value to IDP
- Ensure every AWS object created is tagged for cost management purposes.
- Bias for Action, Customer Obsession, Quality, Speed
- Excellent experience in the technical delivery in a high performing squad
- Able to clearly articulate and adopt on the standards and guidance necessary for a new squad to provide enterprise-grade development services
- Experience in delivering enterprise-grade event-driven integration architectures
- Experience in developing enterprise applications Aurora or another enterprise database
- A strong developer in your own right, in Python
- AWS Certified Developer, DevOps Engineer desirable
- Experience with SAP integration is desirable, but not a mandatory requirement