Digital Campus - Product Management | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Digital Product Owner’s role will focus on creating, enhancing and maintaining digital products, working with other Product Owners, Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Development teams and other stakeholders.
Our team is passionate about the customer experience and meeting the needs of our customers today, while innovating to delight them tomorrow. As a global business, Digital Product Owner role will be critical in defining and measuring the value of the products in scope and the value this creates for IDP and its customers.
The Digital Product Owner will provide digital product and process expertise, ensuring that our digital solutions are optimally configured and aligned to support our brand promise, and our customer facing solutions delight our customers and continue to meet their evolving needs.
This role will be based out of IDP Digital Campus Chennai office, and with direct reporting to Requirement Engineering Practice Head in Chennai and matrix reporting to Product Owner/Product Manager in Melbourne.
The Digital Product Owner also will be building on Requirement Engineering practice assets, hiring Business Analysts, and supporting the Requirement Engineering Practice Head in practice development activities.
The Digital Product Owner also will have partial allocation as a Senior Business Analyst, in addition to the Digital Product Owner role. In the Senior BA role, will be responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team, and document the user stories.
Essential Product Owner and Business Analysis Competence
- Engage with other Product Owners and Product Managers to follow a balanced approach towards prioritization of features and identification/prioritization of user stories, taking into account business value creation, product roadmap and implementation feasibility.
- Create detailed product roadmap of prioritised features and enhancements.
- Align with the product roadmap and maintain targets for new and existing products.
- Monitor product deliverables to keep in line with business goals.
- Act as the voice of the Product Manager.
- Keep pace with the global team’s needs through the co-design of digital products.
- Problem solve and provide clear communication to development team and testing team when undertaking product development.
- Prepare clear briefings to the digital adoption team to maximise product training and adoption.
- Facilitate co-design workshops with key stakeholders adhering to defined schedule in advance of quarterly PI Planning.
- Engage with wider teams to ensure that subject matter expertise is aligned within the global IDP context.
- Engage with Solution Design team to ensure that Solution design output is in line with the strategic direction of IDP Digital Products.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Production Verification Testing (PVT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of solutions
- Ensure high internal and external customer satisfaction with solutions delivered
- Ensure all backlog items are co-designed with frontline managers and frontline users
- Plan and facilitate co-design workshops and communications where required
- Provide input and sign off to communications creator to ensure the communication delivers clear messages on the changes made to system and processes.
- Review user guides as required to help the end users learn the new or changes system and process.
- Regular engagement and administration of “Operational Systems Community of Best Practice” forum.
- Work closely with business to analyse requirement and provide the interface between business, project teams and solution providers.
- Collaborate with Product team members on cross-product initiatives and improvements to ways of working.
- Understand the objectives and goals of project, and contribute to the development of the project plan through identifying Business Analysis scope of work, advocating approach and methodologies
- Breakdown the Business Analysis Scope of Work into manageable work packages to support the overall delivery of the plan
- Perform gap analysis and document the As-Is and To-Be states
- Own the quality of requirements
Essential Technical Competence
- Ability to facilitate product level and requirement level discussions on inter-dependencies between squads.
- Ability to facilitate and manage discussions on inter-dependencies between PO team, BA team, development team, testing team and UX team.
- Ability to review big piece of integrated work between different systems and capture the 'as is'.
- Scope and document requirements: Ability to understand, capture and model functional, non-functional (operational) and interface requirements for users of a system. define what the business requirements were and then document the functional/non-functional req's with assistance from tech, vendor and business.
- Designing and enhancing Business Processes: Ability to create maps (or models) of workflows, services design and customer journeys for the business, organisation, system or software. Documenting behaviour models using use cases, user experience design, storyboards, user profiles and user stories.
- Training &Communications: Work with learning and comms team to provide inputs on new functionality, enhancements, process changes etc. to drive adoption
- Digital Capability: Having had experience in, or capability to, enable customer experiences through the use of digital technologies through placing the customer at the centre of everything we do.
- Clearly articulates decisions required and options available to facilitate rapid decision making.
Preferred Professional Competence
- Collaboration & Facilitation: Ability to setup relationships and negotiate with people; facilitate engagement across multiple groups of people within and outside the organisation and at various levels.
- Strong Written and Oral communication skills
- Actively contributes and responds to discussion at retrospectives
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Must have minimum 6 years of work experience in Business Analyst and Product Owner roles in Software development projects, of which at least 3 years must be as a Product Owner.
- Must have prior experience of working with multiple Business Analysts across multiple project teams, to fulfill end-to-end requirements
- Prior experience or a background in software development
- Good technical understanding of how integrations between systems work
- Involvement in digital transformation or multi-system integration project
- High attention to detail and work ethics which encourages accuracy
- High level of computer user ability, including Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Agile qualification and experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Great can-do flexible attitude that thrives in a collaborative make it happen environment. Attitude is everything!