Procurement Lead - South East Asia
Commercial | Singapore | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an Australian (ASX) listed company based in Melbourne, Australia.
IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
For more than 45 years, IDP has played a major role in international education. We have placed more than 400,000 students into quality institutions in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand. Today over 220 leading universities across 5 English speaking destinations are IDP clients.
We strive to continuously develop our dynamic, inclusive work places, we encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and we provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.
IDP Education is also a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as evidence of English language proficiency.
The Procurement Lead – SEA, will be a member of the SEA Finance & Global Procurement Teams leading full cycle procurement activities for SEA, in line with the global procurement strategy and direction.
IDP is seeking an energetic and focused individual to collaborate with cross region teams and drive outcomes in procurement.
The role is responsible for seeking and realising procurement opportunities, aligning procurement practices within SEA which meet the operational requirements of the company.
This is a role that requires an individual to operate comfortably, both strategically and as a hands-on contributor. There are no direct reports for this role.
The individual will be required to operate at all levels or the organisation, therefore strong communication and relationship skills are required to succeed.
Procurement Opportunity identification & realisation
- Undertake or supervise procurement execution (or assist) as situation arises within any business unit in SEA based on alignment with stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to clarify requirements and identify / prioritise areas of procurement opportunity
- Proactively perform and / or Drive data collection efforts for stakeholders to identify and benchmark procurement opportunities and outcomes vs. other regions/countries or externally to drive for continuous procurement outcome improvement
- Influencing SEA operational teams with robust, clear, credible analysis to drive optimal procurement outcomes
- Perform commercial review of proposed supplier contracts commercial terms and seek legal review on the same contracts.
- Analyse and report ongoing procurement metrics (financial – savings and non-financial) and improvements in procurement outcomes to local / regional and HQ stakeholders.
- Lead SEA Sustainability (“Green”) initiatives – working with procurement or other stakeholders in SEA or globally, staying flexible to changing requirements
Procurement System, Process and Policy
- Input on development of IDP procurement policy and procedures taking into account a stakeholder requirements
- Adhering and compliance to IDP procurement policy and procedures in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Maintaining and driving for improvement in P2P usage for SEA and influencing country teams. Closely monitoring compliance and influencing and taking action as required to ensure compliance
- Providing timely and efficient first class support to SEA country teams in effectively using Ariba and Concur to drive value. P2P point of contact for issues resolution for SEA.
- Provides enthusiastic support and training to SEA country teams on ongoing Ariba and Concur usage (new joiners, training refreshes etc)
- Ensuring SEA P2P masterdata (e.g. P2P management approval limits) and SEA supplier masterdata (vendor creation or maintenance) is well maintained by FSS and country teams and process gaps are diagnosed and rectified efficiently.
- Collaborative and provides guidance to local countries in execution of smaller value procurement
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Initiative - Self-starter to develop initiatives for procurement achieving spend efficiency.
- Developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong and convincing analytical experience - organising, analysing and presenting resulting insights.
- Fluent English – and very strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills to effectively communicate to and influence a diverse management group in SEA region and diverse range of suppliers
- Well organised, with a thorough and methodical approach when completing tasks
- An ability to work under pressure and organise work priorities to meet deadlines
- Problem solver – thrives on challenges able to navigate people and system challenges
- Comfortable and able to work in detail OR at higher strategic level depending on the situation
- Experience in procurement (or as part of procurement project/tenders) with experience in any of: insurance, property or green / sustainable procurement.
- Total post graduate work experience >5 years
- Demonstrable prior working experience with international stakeholders
- SAP Ariba / Concur experience
- Fluency in another SEA language (especially Indonesian or Vietnamese) will be a distinct advantage
- Experience with procurement tenders
- Expense review experience (understands financial implications)
- BI Tool experience to perform cost and opportunity analysis
- Sophisticated MS Excel skills - minimum Pivot Tables & Data Analysis
- Data mining experience (including python, SQL etc)