Digital Campus - Data Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities, and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities. IDP over its half a century’s business service provider has an enormous volume of data which is its core IP. IDP operates in 33 countries for Student placement and in 60 countries for IELTS. Our websites have over 100 million visitors a year and have the World’s most comprehensive course and institution search across 40+ sites.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
You’ll spend time on the following:
As a Process Modeler, you will be analyzing and documenting the processes of data related operations. This position will partner with business and technical subject matter experts to ensure standardization of processes throughout the organization and ensure adherence to enterprise-wide governance policies.
- Identifying innovative, value-added solutions by eliminating inefficiencies, driving standardization and building straight-through-processing capabilities.
- Ensuring process modelling analysis providing clear linkages to the business lineage.
- Prepare process maps and define roles & responsibilities.
- Measuring capacity creation through alignment to business services, people, cost, and controls used to run the underlying business.
- Ensure business processes comply with Governance policies and guidelines.
- Ensure business processes are complete in all respects – data quality, data protection etc.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders across Technology, Operations and Business Product Lines.
- Documenting target state processes, standard operating procedures, building role and responsibility models, and supporting test strategy design.
- Designing and implementing a new Operating Model and overseeing the delivery plan to review process documentation.
- Set process expectations, SLAs, and monitoring requirements.
- Remains up to date on company’s standards, industry practices and emerging standards
- Contribute to keeping Standards and best practices up to date collaborating with the community.
- Promote the best practices and correct usage of standards.
- Identify areas in need of improvement and the drive to put a solution in place which addresses those needs.
- Manage and prioritize multiple initiatives, incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions.
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks and contribute to automation efforts.
- Prepare and maintain training material and SOPs, knowledge base articles and technical documentation.
Take responsibility for Outcomes
You love process optimization/automation, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of process innovations.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Information Systems, or similar field.
- 8 plus years of process management, process transformation expertise.
- Process optimization and efficiency improvement mindset
- Passion for creating business value and governance through process simplification and transparency is required.
- Experience with business process modelling and operational risk a plus
- Experience with database and SQL preferred.
- Experience in data driven business area highly beneficial.
- Knowledge about data governance and GDPR
- Ability to translate business requirements into critical process requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to routinely interact with multiple levels of the organization including executive level members of the organization.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve performance.
- Certification in lean management, six sigma is desirable.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative, and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities, and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.