Finance | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Privacy Manager to lead and shape IDP’s Privacy strategy taking into account both the expectations of our customers and legislative requirements. This is a hands-on role that includes working with a variety of stakeholders including senior management, providing them with great support and service.
What you will do
- Provide strategic leadership of the Privacy function.
- Co-ordination of cross-functional support, including chair of the global Privacy and Cyber Security Committee and other governance meetings as required.
- Regular reporting on Privacy issues to Board and Committee level.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of IDP’s global privacy obligations.
- Provide input to the Information Services security team on the evolving Privacy threat landscape.
- Develop and maintain a global network of privacy representatives to ensure local empowerment and input to privacy practices as required.
- Manage and enhance of the Privacy Governance Framework, ensuring its continued effectiveness and suitability.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with Privacy compliance obligations. Enhance projects with privacy by design awareness and Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Identify potential areas of privacy compliance vulnerability and risk in systems and business processes and develop and implement corrective action plans to mitigate.
- Take the lead in managing the response, assessment, resolution, and remediation of incidents (including breaches).
- Deal with day-to-day issues that impact Privacy.
- Drive a culture of privacy and data protection throughout IDP, ensuring that individual and collective roles and responsibilities for privacy are clearly communicated and understood by all staff.
- Advise the business in relation to the handling of personal information, data subject access requests, complaints involving personal data, and other requests for access to personal information.
- Conduct or support Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Manage direct reports to deliver Privacy governance outcomes to the best of your ability and in line with IDP’s corporate policy and expectations.
- Coach your direct report to increase their level of capability through the use of the IDP People experience platforms or external media as appropriate.
We are excited about you because….
- You will be experienced at dealing with stakeholders at all levels and skilled at influencing outcomes that meet privacy objectives in line with the business and commercial direction.
- You are someone who gets a kick out of being a critical member of a high-performing team, personally producing outcomes that accelerate IDP's vision of supporting students in their lifelong study journey.
- You are ready to grow and evolve with the role as IDP progresses down the transformation path
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.