Platform Engineer (DevOps)
DC - Technical Architect | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
- Terraform, AWS CDK: Infrastructure as Code, deployment framework
- Git, GitLab
- AWS services – Lambda / API Gateway, SQS, SNS
- Sumo Logic
- AWS RDS
Responsible to ensure proper implementation of the automation tools, monitor and re-engineer the existing system based on the feedback. Ensuring developed pipelines are operational as well as evolving the pipeline to meet emerging requirements. Should work together closely with the Engineering teams to make the project successful. Evaluate and analyze threat, vulnerability, impact and risk of security issues discovered from various DevSecOps tools such as SAST, SCA, and DAST. Involved in entire lifecycle of the projects including Design, Development, and Deployment, Testing and Implementation and support.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or master’s in software engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- At 3-5 years’ experience in a DevOps role
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
- Develop a next generation build, test, and release pipeline & dependency management application
- Develop plugins and extensions to Gitlab, Gradle and other systems
- Work with teams to solve build and dependency management challenges
- Evangelize best-practices in software development, test automation and continuous deployment processes
- Work with the development, quality, and operations teams to support the day-to-day activities necessary to create and maintain continuous integration build pipelines
- Work with the development, quality, and operations engineers to establish continuous deployment plans
- Evaluate new tools and infrastructures to improve efficiency of the release engineering pipelines
- Enhance and maintain the common build infrastructure, which support all team projects
- Automation of security controls
- Control and management of security operations