Office Manager / Yurt Dışı Eğitim Yöneticisi
Student Placement | Istanbul, Turkey | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Strengthen IDP’s leadership position for student placement and build IDP to become a top player in Multi Destinations, by:
- Develop and execute destination business plans and activity calendars to deliver pipeline leads and conversion targets by intake.
- Provide strong business leadership, instilling IDP’s vision for the organization and a performance driven culture with the business unit team. Provide mentoring, coaching, ongoing communication, thereby driving high engagement and excellent business results.
- Build strong client support through ongoing engagement and client relations.
- Build strong working matrix relationships with regional / country teams – destination and marketing - to deliver optimal results.
- Contribute to building a world class operating environment by exhibiting a collaborative but decisive operating style.
- Effectively implement global priority projects in the country / business unit.
- Be a productive and effective member of country leadership team and support direct supervisor / County Manager through exhibiting a collaborative operating style but ensuring that decisions are taken on time.
- Develop a strong counselling / sales team and oversee the creation of a dynamic, inclusive work place, building the culture while recognizing and celebrating innovation, success and achievement.
- Build a performance driven culture and ensure transparent evaluation of team members’ performance against predefined specific objectives.
- Develop the destination knowledge and market understanding of team members to support increased performance outcomes.
Business and Operations Management
- Drive the development and implementation of office based business plans which address country needs and are aligned to IDP’s strategic milestones.
- Set and monitor business unit KPIs to support the implementation of the business plan.
- Improve business performance by identifying and maximizing opportunities for leverage across offices of knowledge, skills and infrastructure.
- Ensure that all IDP systems and tools are effectively implemented and used as intended to support local business operations.
- Provide input to the budget process, annual business planning activities and quarterly forecasts
- Once the budget is set monitor pipeline and revenue budgets of the business unit. With finance team, monitor results and initiate corrective action where required.
- Develop the team’s understanding of the invoicing cycle for each destination and ensure effective follow up with the finance team to track invoices and revenue recognition in ebs (Oracle e business suite).
- Collaborate with regional Finance and direct supervisor to implement forecasting methodologies and processes to achieve accurate, timely pipeline and revenue forecasts for the business unit.
- Develop and maintain a strong sales and service culture within the business.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to achieve sales objectives for the business unit. Monitor results and initiate corrective action where required
- Collaborate with Marketing and Destination Management teams to develop and implement lead generation programs including events, client office visits, web etc., ensure appropriate counselling capacity / capability is in place and ensure consistent sales, service and client management performance standards and benchmarks which are continuously improved.
- Establish best practice frameworks and mechanisms to enhance sales performance.
- Lead and support business unit to improve sales productivity through the implementation of global CRM system adoption, pipeline management, conversion benchmarks. Improve sales skills through training.
- Agree and implement counsellor KPIs (quarterly and annually) including APFs/pipeline (leads and applications) targets for each destination.
- Work in collaboration with the IELTS Test Centre Manager, Test Centre Administrator and other IELTS team members in the local business unit to promote IDP IELTS as a professional partner with a comprehensive service offering (student placement and English language testing).
- Provide inputs and take necessary actions to support the ongoing development and maintenance of service and client management performance standards and benchmarks for the business unit / country.
- Support and drive counsellors understanding of key client facing projects and activities (eg: OSCAR Applied / B2B) to increase their capability and ensure full integration into the IDP sales process.
- Where required, represent IDP in forums and events of regional/global significance (eg: AIEC, Going Global etc).
- Speedily determine when an issue needs to be escalated to supervisor for resolution.
- Proactively provide timely feedback and advice to the Supervisor on the management of offices and on issues arising from competitor activities, changing business environments, change in student visa policies etc.
- With support of Finance team manage business systems and processes to ensure that all financial accounting obligations are met to the standard set by IDP and in line with local laws and accounting standards.
- Integrate compliance requirements into staff performance appraisals and annual objectives.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Fluent in English and Turkish.
- Required to have a Turkish citizenship.
- Demonstrated skill in managing business activities in a customer facing multinational company.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing business plans, budgets and skills to monitor, review and report on progress.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead teams to achieve demonstrable outcomes.
- Practical experience in managing diverse stakeholders (clients & students) – with diverse interests – to their satisfaction, but always keeping to the ultimate goal of the organization.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze and solve problems effectively.
- A strong, ethical leader who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - written, verbal and listening.
- Customer focused, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in international education sector.
- Experience in working with CRM systems.