Business Services Support | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and the connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion for helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Observability Engineer for IDP’s Contact Centre platforms is a key role in ensuring IDP’s Contact Centres deliver value for IDP and our Customers.
You will work closely with other members of our Contact Centre technical team to help them understand what data should be collected and how it should be interpreted. You will ensure we can predict issues / outages before they occur and detect them faster when they do. By providing ongoing education for engineers and support teams, and by building visibility tools (in SumoLogic) you will be a key part of the ongoing maturity journey of our Contact Centre platform. You will also work closely with our Business teams to build observability into the effectiveness of end-to-end business processes.
IDP’s business has a massive positive impact on people’s lives – and you will play an important role in continuously improving the outcomes of our work.
Contact Centres are a critical component of IDP’s customer-centric business model. We have a global Contact Centre footprint rolled out and will be moving into an exciting phase of value generation and business change. You will be setting up and tuning “the eyes” into how the platform supports our business.
We are looking for an outcome focused Developer or Technical Observability Engineer to work with specialist technical team members and our vendors to implement logging on all components, feed these into our SumoLogic observability Platform, build dashboards and alerting, and enable tracing for use in incident resolution. We also want you to work with our Business teams to build observability for key end to end processes.
Accountabilities and Deliverables/Outcomes
We’ll be relying on you to…
Deliverables / Outcomes
Deliver Impactful Observability
The essence of this role is to enable Observability to maximise our Customer’s experience provided by our Contact Centre platform.
- Deliver the full range of Observability components: Logging, Dashboarding, Alerting and Tracing.
- There are many components that contribute to the success of our Customer Experience in our call centre. You will be the sort of person who enjoys learning, and has the tenacity to get the data you need.
- Link into the service reporting APIs/feeds of in-country telcos to feed our overall observability.
The output of your work must enable us to monitor and manage:
- The status of each component of our landscape (Telephony solutions, Integrations, Dialler solutions, etc) for uptime and availability.
- The performance of each component, and the overall customer experience.
- The quality of the overall solution using metrics such as call drop out, packet loss/ jitter etc.
- All components monitored for uptime. Alerts created for any non-availability, and linked into ITSM processes.
Be Greedy for Data
- Work through obtaining log data from all components of our communication and contact centre landscape.
- Enable logging into IDP’s observability platform, SumoLogic.
- Build intelligent dashboard, alerting and tracing
- Integrate data from multiple sources
- In conjunction with Architects, maintain a Business Application Roadmap.
- Maintain and communicate the platform technical runway.
- Successfully contribute to the coordination and development of business cases, project briefs and work packages that are aligned to business line roadmaps.
- Via the IDP PI planning process advocates for, and prioritizes progress towards plans and strategies.
- Contribute to budget preparation
Focus on Outcomes
- We love Observability because it gives us insights to make us better.
You will be smart about producing deliverables that have a demonstrable impact on improving the quality of our tech stack and business outcomes.
- Observability constructs that present clear, actionable information.
- Produce visualisations in different forms such as charts and dynamic graphs that make the dashboards message clear to users.
- Findings and recommendations available to internal stakeholders, and presented formally on a monthly basis.
Enable Agile DevOps
- Create role based dashboards that facilitate testing of our integrated landscape
- Investigate and Troubleshoot production issues based on log monitoring.
- Dashboards available to support new features and major projects.
- Reduced MTTF.
Maximise Operational Effectiveness
- Plan and deliver work to systematically bring all components on to our Observability platform.
- Construct Dashboards, Alerts and Tracing to maximise the availability and performance of the platform.
- Integrate Alerting with our ServiceNow ITSM platform
- Dashboards that provide clear insights into availability, incidents, pinpoint any failing component, and significantly increase the time to resolution for any incident.
- Alerting that proactively notifies our Service Delivery functions of any issues before our business is disrupted.
Improve Business Outcomes
- Build Observability solutions that track the end-user experience of
- Work with Contact Centre Business Management to implement end-to-end business process monitoring to identify bottlenecks and sub-optimisations.
- Business Leaders use Dashboards to monitor and improve processes and business outcomes.
- You will take the time to understand IDP’s technical standards, our security posture, and our obsession with our customer’s privacy.
- Adhere to all technical standards, security policies and Privacy policies.
- Actively contribute to the quality, modernity, and effectiveness of IDP’s standards – particularly in Observability
- Appropriate documentation is available and maintained in the corporate wiki
- Continuously improve the intelligence of the platform in driving business outcomes.
- Actively work with the Chief Data Officer team to implement and improve algorithms to continuously improve contact centre outcomes.
- Voice is only one of the channels we use to communicate with our customers
- ML Algorithms implemented and iterating for key process areas.
- Business Value measured by metrics.
- Innovation business cases, with value propositions, followed by measurement.
- Experience in obtaining and accessing log information for a wide variety of platforms and services. Ideally InContact, Genesis and local telecom providers.
- Experience in ITSM processes (particularly Incident Management) and ServiceNow.
- You must be tenacious. A personal tenacity in dealing with Telecommunication providers, chasing down information, working with multiple groups to obtain access to data.
- Proficiency in SQL and reporting analysis tools.
- An understanding of the business objectives of a Contact Centre and the common technical components, failure points, observability strategies.
- The ability to think through the data to identify what is important, what is a signal and differentiate these from noise.
- One or more Certifications in Sumologic
- Development experience in a language such as Python (preferred), Golang or Java
- A demonstrable understanding of telephony and internet considerations relevant to Contact Centres.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT/technical degree
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Understanding of integration concepts
- UI development experience and acumen
- Prior experience in a Customer-centric Services and or Marketing driven business