Module Lead - UX
Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities, and organizations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Manages the direction of User Experience on a single project. This person likes working with stakeholders and clients to take a project to completion. The last of these roles is the UX Project Module Lead, who manages the direction of User Experience on a single project.
A User Experience Lead at IDP India Ltd researches, plans, architects the user experience design for websites, mobile apps, Intranets, and Web applications. This person leads a team responsible for the creation of digital products made from a user’s perspective. A user experience lead devises interaction strategies in sync with user goals and clients’ business goals, develops navigation and structure, designs wireframes or interactive prototypes, organizes content, and tirelessly advocates for the needs and goals of real users. This person will make strategic and tactical UX decisions related to design and usability as well as features and functions.
The UX Module lead will enable teams to perform usability assessments and tests of interactive systems. The best candidate will possess outstanding creativity, a highly detailed nature, and the ability to help define and solve complex user interface problems along wider teams.
- Translate with UX team the concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the clients product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Solve complex UX design problems across web, mobile and tablet
- Collaborate closely with product owners/managers (POs & PMs) to find opportunities for new products/features and validate assumptions through user testing and research
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Work with devs and QE to deliver polished final product
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5 or more years of UX design experience [with atleast 3 years team handling]
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, XD, Figma, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry latest trends and technologies