Migration Consultant Canberra
Student Placement | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company partly owned by Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
Our success comes from connecting International students with the right course in the right institution at the right destination. We are a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test that helps people to achieve their study and migration aspirations. We operate 11 English language teaching campuses across South East Asia; and acquired the Hotcourses Group in 2017, a leading course search database and student engagement company.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
Are you a MARA registered agent? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
As our Migration Consultant, you will provide information, advice and processing of applications for international students seeking migration, work, study and sponsorship opportunities in Australia.
Their role will also provide training to fellow counsellors and contact centre agents on product knowledge, visa updates and support their ongoing professional development.
While based in Canberra, the Migration Consultant will have a national scope assisting customers and staff in other locations.
- Provide information and advice to international students and their families regarding visa options and opportunities to continue to stay/study in Australia
- Preparation and submission of applications to DHA or related institutions/bodies
- Obtain offers and facilitate enrolments specifically related to Professional Year (PY), NAATI or other related courses for skilled migration purposes
- Follow up leads and enquiries from interstate IDP offices
- Maximise the number of applications submitted by IDP and finalised with DHA
- Support IDP network students with general queries related to visa/migration issues.
- Screen for Student Service customers to identify opportunities for cross servicing for additional academic courses.
Technical and Professional Competence
- Possess high-level product knowledge and competency in using C4C and Extended Visa Services for managing student cases and running performance reports.
- Ensure accuracy in data entry and management.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes.
- Maintain and update knowledge on changes to immigration policies and its effects on international students
- Maintain required training competencies for Migration registration
- Excel at presenting updated information to stakeholders and at seminars
- Assist Project owners, Manager Student Services, Team Leaders and other stakeholders to administer operations related to migration
- Act as the role model for fellow colleagues
Visa Consultation and Application Services
- Provide an initial 15-minute free counselling session to IDP students for basic migration and visa questions
- Provided extended counselling session up to 1 (one) hour to further develop the student’s case and application for submission
- Inform clearly to student the terms and conditions of the migration services and payment details
- Ensure student signs all relevant forms regarding services offered and pricing and are clear with the process
- Prepare and submit visa application on behalf of student
- Regularly update student with application/submission process via email/call
- Assist interstate offices with study to migrate enquiries so they can better qualify and convert potential customers.
- To provide regular updates/training to staff and students regarding migration regulations, visa conditions and related study options
- Present at the IDP Expo (Melbourne and other offices, if requested) for Student Visa/Migration changes
- Develop content for visa updates and case studies for SSA-DTU newsletters, website and social media forums.
- Work with marketing to contribute to newsletter and web content as per set deadlines
- Provide staff with advice and planning when dealing with specific clients and visa requirements/issues
Customer Service Orientation
- Attend to customer in person/email enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Follow through on customer enquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required.
- Organise and manage visa information sessions related to visas or to meet institution representatives for related migration/visa courses
Interactions and Team Work
- Support event managers in the organisation of major promotional events such as twice-a-year exhibitions and visa seminars
- Share knowledge and market information with colleagues
- Provide input on migration related marketing activities with marketing team to promote IDP brand and services
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threats in the market
We are excited about you because you have....
- Valid qualification, a MARA license
- 2-year migration agent work experience post registration or 2 years of migration assistant work experience before registration plus 1 year work experience post registration.
- Industry Knowledge, a detailed understanding of Australian and state immigration laws
- A good understanding of the Australian education sector and placement of students into VET and Universities
- Experience with 500visa, 485visa, 189visa, 190visa, 491visa, 408visa, state nomination policies, skills assessment applications.
- Self-confidence without being aggressive, being able to advise students on the right path forward
- Receptivity for our students to trust you, are a people’s person who is reliable and friendly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
Would be extra awesome if you….
- Excel at communication and are fluent in a second language
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.