Student Placement Operations | Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
IDP is the number one choice for international students looking to open their world by studying overseas. Student Services Australia provide placement, support and associated products and services to IDP students and other international students.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Migration Assistant will support the Migration Visa Consultant in preparing documents for visa applications, assistance in applying for recognition from external bodies, submitting applications for Professional Year (PY) courses and assisting with OVHC applications. They will also assist with booking appointments, calling potential students for lead engagement and updating details of the student in the company’s CRM system.
- Responding to phone calls and tasks from Contact Center requesting initial consultation
- Making appointments and managing calendars in Outlook
- Updating student’s details and notes in CRM system and as per business requirements
- Regularly update student with application/submission process via email/call
- Reviewing and checking all required documents for visa application or application to external bodies
- Follow through with any issues or complaints raised by students
- Assisting with application for Police Checks
- Assisting with applications for Skill Assessment with relevant bodies
- Preparing visa application and entering student’s details and attaching relevant documents on IMMI account
- Preparing and lodging EOI for relevant cases
- Ensuring Migration Visa Consultant has reviewed all applications and documents on IMMI account before submission
- Prepare student’s financial documents for Migration Visa Consultant to review before submission
- Prepare State Nomination applications and documents for review
- Liaise with Front Desk staff for all invoices, receipts and refunds queries and payments
Professional & Customer Orientation
- Display consistent high level of professionalism at work
- Adhere to IDP process, policies and Code of Conduct
Interactions and Teamwork
- Support Migration Visa Consultant and counselors with student queries and appointment bookings
- Build good working relationships with IDP SP counselors and marketing teams
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Working experience in Australia
- Achievement orientated
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Understand needs and issues of onshore international students
GOOD TO HAVE
Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Outlook and Internet skills
- International education experience
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life. We pride ourselves on the ability to create dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.