Finance | Gulshan, Bangladesh | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
For 50 years, IDP has played a major role in international education. We have placed more than 400,000 students into quality institutions in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand. Today over 225 leading universities across 5 English speaking destinations are IDP clients.
Our brand values recognise our expertise, quality, caring, integrity and the communities we work within.
We strive to continuously develop our dynamic, inclusive work places, we encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and we provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.
IDP Education is also a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as evidence of English language proficiency. Last year, more than 2.5 million tests were taken globally. IDP Education offers the IELTS test in more than 400 test locations in 50 countries.
For more information about IDP, please visit :
Finance Manager (Bangladesh) will lead Accounting and Control function for BD. She/he will be responsible for all aspects of the finance function in Bangladesh, including financial reporting and accounting, Australia GAAP accounting per group accounting principles, management reporting, tax and Audits, financial & business planning and analysis and compliance to statutory & group requirements. She/he will be expected to provide functional expertise in the nature of best practices to ensure realization of financial as well as business plans.
She/he will be working closely with local management and Regional finance team and responsible for ensuring realization of the agreed financial plans of the company by steering, monitoring and controlling the accounting & financial processes of Bangladesh and by supplying relevant business information to business management and putting in place processes & reporting to ensure compliance to all statutory norms and parent company’s international policies & processes.
- Timely and accurate Local GAAP accounting and Australia GAAP accounting. Overall responsibility for proper maintenance of all books of accounts for the company- Monthly reconciliations/ variance reports/ compliance reports etc
- Regular interface and reporting to Regional Finance by providing monthly closing files, variance analysis on financials, implementing any regional best practices etc
- Managing local Tax compliances –VAT and Income tax including up to date reconciliation & timely filing of accurate returns.
- Managing permissions from Bangladesh Bank for foreign exchange remittances to parent company and complying with foreign exchange laws.
- Managing Statutory Auditors and Internal Auditors and compliances to audit schedule.
- Jointly with business leadership, develop and implement financial strategies and action plans to achieve financial objectives set in the budget.
- Provide regional/country business leadership with metrics /indices/dashboard of financial performance and be part of the review processes.
- Liaisoning with key third party vendors for reconciliations & important renewals in a timely manner
- Prepare annual budget, monthly outlook & P&L review.
- Supervise & ensure all kind of expenses, cost calculation & payment within the agreed timeline & by maintaining necessary (procurement & disbursement) system entry requirements.
- Coordinate & supervise payroll vendor’s activities as well as all types of employee related payment calculations & disbursement. Also work as the custodian of the employees’ database portal SuccessFactors.
- Working with FSS team to have updating accounting entries & all reconciliations before the month end
- Calling out any financial or business risk whenever become aware of and updating key stake holders
- Ensuring compliances in procure to pay system for procurement of Capex/Opex items- PO issuance through SAP
- Ensuring Internal control at all possible levels of finance & businesses.
- Supervise admin & IT related activities in coordination with finance team member & Internal team members (IELTS & Branches)