Lead Technical Specialist
Digital Campus - Technical Support | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
Being the global leader in international education services, for more than 50 years IDP has been the pioneer in this sector, specializing in combining human expertise with leading technology to help people reach their global ambitions. Operating in more than 50 countries around the world, IDP values and celebrates diversity, fostering a safe and inclusive workplace.
IDP Education Ltd is the proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the world’s most popular high stakes English language proficiency test.
To learn more about us and our various service lines, please visit https://www.careers.idp.com/what-we-do
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the efficiency & effectiveness to support the IDP business users on various Applications, Systems & Services.
Functional and disciplinary responsible for managing a dedicated team within the Service Desk.
Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of services as well as provide continuous improvements within the area of responsibility.
To deliver continually improved service to meet customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
As you will be a part of Major Incident Process, you will be responsible for driving the restoration of our Technology services. Delivering hands-on management and communication of incidents affecting our business and customers.
- Adherence to standard ITIL processes for Requests, Incident, Problem, and Change management
- Accountability of Managing any Critical/Major Incident across the IDP systems/Services /Applications.
- Provide primarily support for various technical issues related to IDP SaaS applications and on integration by coordinating with Level 2 & 3 Support and/or Third-Party Vendor.
- Prioritize the impact individual issues may have on day-to-day production.
- Take ownership of critical issues, enlist proper representation from other resolver groups and drive towards resolution
- Monitoring and troubleshooting applications and interfaces for failures or performance issues.
- Contribute to and maintain a knowledge base of knowns support issues and ensure complete KT to new members on the team.
- Document findings and recommendations and communicate effectively though both verbal and written channels
- Work closely with the Service Desk, cross functional team and of the Information Services team to effect process improvement.
- Contribute to a well-balanced team by participating in team goals, involving others when necessary and covering other team responsibilities when required.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+years of overall work experience in IT, Minimum 2 Years of Senior Service Desk Analyst /Lead IT role effectively providing Cloud based Application support / Infrastructure support / Product Support on involving Co-ordination and Interaction with business users via different mode of communication.
- An IT undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to be prompt and punctual
- Experience of working effectively within a team and collaborating with others to achieve a goal
- Demonstrable ability to think around issues and look at the wider picture to provide solutions through a variety of problem-solving techniques
- Drive, self-motivation, and ability to work under own initiative.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, exchange mailbox administration.
- Experience in Supporting Office 365, MS Team, etc.
- Must be capable of learning complex processes quickly and can learn through independent research.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, influencing and customer management skills.
- The ability to both takes direction and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and the ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience in supporting customers around the globe and willing to work in shift hours
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of any CRM applications or any Software as a service (Saas) applications.
- Working knowledge in any service desk Ticketing Tool, Jira, & SAP launchpad Knowledge.
- The ability to prepare End-user and or Technical documentation
- Knowledge of Student placement and English language testing Services
- Understanding of Network Topology.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.