Lead Business Analyst
Digital Campus - Product Management | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
Being the global leader in international education services, for more than 50 years IDP has been the pioneer in this sector, specializing in combining human expertise with leading technology to help people reach their global ambitions. Operating in more than 50 countries around the world, IDP values and celebrates diversity, fostering a safe and inclusive workplace.
IDP Education Ltd is the proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the world’s most popular high stakes English language proficiency test.
To learn more about us and our various service lines, please visit https://www.careers.idp.com/what-we-do
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Lead Business Analyst’s role will focus on leading, grooming, and training a team of Business Analysts who will in turn be supporting the business analysis activity to enable a business led digital customer experience that will assist in transforming IDP’s customer experience.
The Lead Business Analyst will interface with Head of Engineering as SPOC for Business Analysts, and will interface with other BPL-level stakeholders, for example, BPL QA-Lead as SPOC for Business Analysts.
The Lead Business Analyst also will be working on building on Requirement Engineering practice assets, hiring Business Analysts, and supporting the Agile Delivery Manager / Requirement Engineering Practice Head in practice development activities.
The Lead Business Analyst will be reporting to Agile Delivery Manager / Requirement Engineering Practice Head based in Chennai.
The Lead Business Analyst will also be contributing as a Senior Business Analyst in one or more squads, in addition to the Lead BA role. In the Senior BA role, will be responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team.
The Lead Business Analyst role will be based in Chennai.
- Essential Business Analysis Competence
- Has the ability to motivate Business Analysts in efficiently and effectively delivering requirements on-time and with quality.
- Has the ability to mentor Business Analysts in gaining new BA technical and functional competencies.
- Has the ability to handle escalations on Business Analysts from Engineering Managers, Development teams, Testing teams, other Business Analysts, and other teams.
- Has the ability to lead, groom and train Business Analysts.
- Has proven hands-on experience and expertise in business analysis work.
- Has the ability to understand the objectives and goals of project, and to contribute to the development of the project plan through identifying BA scope of work, advocating approach and methodologies.
- Has the ability to breakdown the BA Scope of Work into manageable work packages to support the overall delivery of the plan.
- Perform gap analysis and document the As-Is and To-Be states.
- Articulates requirements and success criteria using the TDD, BDD or ATDD methodology
- Ensures the right stakeholders actively participate
- Own the quality (INVEST) of requirements for significant or new business features
- Has strong relationships with key decision makers and Subject Matter Experts across IDP
- Process Modelling
- Solution assessment and validation
- Detail Oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
Essential Technical Competence
- Ability to review big piece of integrated work between different systems and capture the 'as is'.
- Ability to facilitate requirement level discussions on inter-dependencies between squads.
- Ability to facilitate and manage discussions on inter-dependencies between PO team, BA team, development team, testing team and UX team.
- Scope and document requirements: Ability to understand, capture and model functional, non-functional (operational) and interface requirements for users of a system. define what the business requirements were and then document the functional/non-functional req's with assistance from tech, vendor and business.
- Designing and enhancing Business Processes: Ability to create maps (or models) of workflows, services design and customer journeys for the business, organisation, system or software. Documenting behaviour models using use cases, user experience design, storyboards, user profiles and user stories.
- Training &Communications: Work with learning and comms team to provide inputs on new functionality, enhancements, process changes etc. to drive adoption
- Digital Capability: Having had experience in, or capability to, enable customer experiences through the use of digital technologies through placing the customer at the centre of everything we do.
- Clearly articulates decisions required and options available to facilitate rapid decision making.
Preferred Professional Competence
- Collaboration & Facilitation: Ability to setup relationships and negotiate with people; facilitate engagement across multiple groups of people within and outside the organisation and at various levels.
- Strong Written and Oral communication skills
- Actively contributes and responds to discussion at retrospectives
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
Please watch this 2 min video on IDP digital campus (195) IDP Digital Campus - YouTube