IT Services Manager – South East Asia
Technology Services | Singapore | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The role of Information Technology (IT) Services Manager – South East Asia (SEA) is to ensure an excellent internal and external customer experience, through optimal design and performance of IDP SEA IT systems and operations.
The role leads the implementation of IDP IT policies, procedures, and best practices across the SEA region and participates in the global IT community contributing to continuous improvement for IDP globally
The role includes provision of technical expertise and guidance to SEA country IT teams/contacts (or third-party support teams) on the operations and maintenance of all aspects of the technology landscape for the region, including operations, networking, projects, support, disaster recovery and security.
The IT Services Manager - SEA coordinates closely with the Global IT Operations Manager and the Corporate HQ IT team, as well as the Shared Services team in Chennai to:
- Promote technology requirements and considerations of the region to globally focussed IT teams;
- Leverage global expertise and assets to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support optimal technology solutions in line with the Company’s strategic vision;
- Ensure effective delivery of IT services to the region;
- Ensure regional IT comply with global policies, through the implementation of local policies and procedures.
This position is based in Singapore. The incumbent would travel, as required, to SEA countries, as well as headquarters and India.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, adaptable and someone who is comfortable rolling your sleeves up but at the same time seeing the bigger picture and be able to effectively communicate at all organisational levels. You will enjoy a dynamic environment, operating with a degree of autonomy and the challenge of broad responsibility and variety.
The role has no direct reports. Current SEA business unit IT resources (or contacts) will operate on a “dotted line” reporting basis to this role.
Key Performance Area
Technology Services Strategy and Business Support
- Ensure that country IT teams are customer focused and deliver outstanding level of service (e.g. ensuring smooth running of IT operations - user support, IT systems, domain services, communications, and connectivity).
- Ensure the management of all IT services to the SEA region are continually improving towards best practice with respect to cost, quality and service.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational plans and roadmaps for IT services in the SEA region ensuring alignment with corporate infrastructure and operations
- Develop and champion business cases for technology solutions and initiatives within the region, demonstrating return on investment.
- Provide thought leadership, drive development of regional or country IT roadmaps to support IDP’s ongoing digital transformation with the aim of enhancing our customer experience
- Implement and support the group technology framework and technology initiatives that support the efficient and flexible delivery of technology services to the business
- Participate in developing and managing the relationship between IT and relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate global technology initiatives to key SEA stakeholders - solicit feedback and seeks to capitalise on cross business unit synergy opportunities.
- Provide local tailoring of global technology solutions to ensure all regional and global statutory and regulatory requirements are met
Services and Operations
- The Technology Services Manager will be hands-on in the daily management of all IT systems and services including: Networks, Telephony, Video-teleconferencing, Security, Servers, Workstations, Storage, Backup & Disaster Recovery, support, and co-ordination of third party vendors
- Active management of crisis situations and incident resolution, including liaison with global technology teams and/or third party vendors.
- Manage Disaster Recovery plans, including implementing procedures, plans and security
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance and support of all infrastructure technology, applications and services across the SEA region.
- Act as an interface between suppliers/carriers/vendors and the organisation.
- Managing regional Vendor relationships including contract negotiations, financial tracking and performance, ensuring remedial actions and taken to address underperformance and ensure deliverables are within agreed SLA’s
- Effectively manage a small team to deliver effective IT operations to the business across the region
- Lead in planning and executing business and technology projects and system implementations to deliver effective business and customer outcomes.
- Ensuring technology aspects of all SEA region new office or relocation “fit-out” projects are well defined and implemented.
- Ensure effective senior Stakeholder communication and reporting on all projects and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with project teams and key stakeholders within and outside SEA region in an organised and effective manner
Policy and Governance
- Lead the implementation of global IT policies, procedures, and best practices within the region. Defining any regional aspects of these to enhance the IT infrastructure resiliency, service offering, quality and availability
- Identify IT security issues and drive mitigation plans, including participation in global security initiatives and response plans
- Take lead in IT security audits in conjunction with global teams to identify and mitigate potential threats and risks.
- Implement and enforce quality assurance and change management for the region
- Participate in the global Change Management process representing regional needs to global teams
- Provide Service Assurance reporting to Senior Stakeholders on the technology systems, initiatives and services status related to the region
- Review and optimise responsibilities of existing SEA IT talent to enhance total regional support (e.g. develop skill specialisation hubs) – initial focus IDP SEA’s SP and IELTS business units.
- Lead build of SEA IT team by developing of existing talent and longer term - recruiting.
- Review IT financial and non-financial KPIs with regional management, procurement and global IT to optimise IDP SEA IT services.
- Participation in global procurement and sourcing processes, including driving these for the region
- Work closely with country leaders, procurement and third party vendors to plan and execute optimised purchasing of IT assets and services (including communications).
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by management
- Regional Leadership Team
- Regional Director SEA
- Global IT Teams/ IT Service Desk and Resolver Groups
- In Country IT teams
- Singapore & Regional offices & staff
- Peers from other regions
- Third party vendors, agencies and partners
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification(s)):
Minimum 7 years working experience with 5 years’ experience in managing IT Systems, Infrastructure and 3P vendors in a matrix MNC environment
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in environment with multiple customer facing offices
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technology projects and system implementations effectively
- Manage external vendors to ensure delivery of technical services in accordance to agreed SLA’s.
- Proven experience managing external vendors to drive optimum performance and efficiency of services
- Experience in managing/implementing customer journey platforms impacting multiple geographies
- Management skills with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate remote teams in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence remotely located stakeholders to achieve customer outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, engineering, business IS or related fields.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively in a multi-cultural environment across all levels of staff
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English
- Ability and willingness to operate at a hands-on or strategic level as situations arise.
- Experience in working in dynamic global environment
- Practical working knowledge of IT Security in a distributed global environment
- Additional proficiency in any Southeast Asian country language
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.