IT Manager (Middle East and Africa (MEA))
Global Shared services | Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The role of Information Technology (IT) Services Manager – Middle East and Africa (MEA) is to ensure an excellent internal and external customer experience, through optimal design and performance of IDP MEA IT systems and operations.
This post will lead the implementation of IDP IT policies, procedures, and best practices across the MEA region and participates in the global IT community contributing to continuous improvement for IDP globally.
The role includes the provision of technical expertise and guidance to MEA country IT teams/contacts (or third-party support teams) on the operations and maintenance of all aspects of the technology landscape for the region, including operations, networking, projects, support, disaster recovery, and security.
The IT Services Manager - MEA coordinates closely with the Global IT Operations Manager and the Corporate HQ IT team, as well as the Shared Services team in Chennai to:
- Promote technology requirements and considerations of the region to globally focused IT teams;
- Leverage global expertise and assets to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support optimal technology solutions in line with the Company’s strategic vision;
- Ensure effective delivery of IT services to the region;
- Ensure regional IT comply with global policies, through the implementation of local policies and procedures.
This position is based in Dubai. The incumbent would travel, as required, to MEA countries, as well as headquarters and India.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, adaptable, and someone who is comfortable rolling your sleeves up but at the same time seeing the bigger picture and be able to effectively communicate at all organizational levels. You will enjoy a dynamic environment, operating with a degree of autonomy and the challenge of broad responsibility and variety.The role has no direct reports. Current MEA business unit IT resources (or contacts) will operate on a “dotted line” reporting basis to this role, where applicable.
Technology Services Strategy and Business Support
- Ensure that country IT teams are customer focused and deliver an outstanding level of service (e.g. ensuring smooth running of IT operations - user support, IT systems, domain services, communications, and connectivity).
- Ensure the management of all IT services to the MEA region are continually improving towards best practices with respect to cost, quality, and service.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational plans and roadmaps for IT services in the MEA region ensuring alignment with corporate infrastructure and operations
- Develop and champion business cases for technology solutions and initiatives within the region, demonstrating return on investment.
- Provide thought leadership, drive the development of regional or country IT roadmaps to support IDP’s ongoing digital transformation with the aim of enhancing our customer experience
- Implement and support the group technology framework and technology initiatives that support the efficient and flexible delivery of technology services to the business
- Participate in developing and managing the relationship between IT and relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate global technology initiatives to key MEA stakeholders - solicit feedback and seeks to capitalize on cross business unit synergy opportunities.
- Provide local tailoring of global technology solutions to ensure all regional and global statutory and regulatory requirements are met
Services and Operations
- The Technology Services Manager will be hands-on in the daily management of all IT systems and services including Networks, Telephony, Video-teleconferencing, Security, Servers, Workstations, Storage, Backup & Disaster Recovery, support, and coordination of third-party vendors
- Active management of crisis situations and incident resolution, including liaison with global technology teams and/or third-party vendors.
- Manage Disaster Recovery plans, including implementing procedures, plans, and security
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance and support of all infrastructure technology, applications, and services across the MEA region.
- Act as an interface between suppliers/carriers/vendors and the organization.
- Managing regional Vendor relationships including contract negotiations, financial tracking, and performance, ensuring remedial actions and taken to address underperformance and ensure deliverables are within agreed SLA’s
- Effectively manage a small team to deliver effective IT operations to the business across the region
- Lead in planning and executing business and technology projects and system implementations to deliver effective business and customer outcomes.
- Ensuring technology aspects of all MEA region new office or relocation “fit-out” projects are well defined and implemented.
- Ensure effective senior Stakeholder communication and reporting on all projects and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with project teams and key stakeholders within and outside the MEA region in an organized and effective manner
Policy and Governance
- Lead the implementation of global IT policies, procedures, and best practices within the region. Defining any regional aspects of these to enhance the IT infrastructure resiliency, service offering, quality, and availability
- Identify IT security issues and drive mitigation plans, including participation in global security initiatives and response plans
- Take the lead in IT security audits in conjunction with global teams to identify and mitigate potential threats and risks.
- Implement and enforce quality assurance and change management for the region
- Participate in the global Change Management process representing regional needs to global teams
- Provide Service Assurance reporting to Senior Stakeholders on the technology systems, initiatives, and services status related to the region
- Review and optimize responsibilities of existing MEA IT talent to enhance total regional support (e.g. develop skill specialization hubs) – initial focus IDP MEA’s SP and IELTS business units.
- Lead the build of MEA IT team by developing existing talent and longer-term - recruiting.
- Review IT financial and non-financial KPIs with regional management, procurement, and global IT to optimize IDP MEA IT services.
- Participation in global procurement and sourcing processes, including driving these for the region
- Work closely with country leaders, procurement, and third-party vendors to plan and execute optimized purchasing of IT assets and services (including communications).
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably directed by management
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification(s)):
- Minimum 7 years of working experience with 5 years experience in managing IT Systems, Infrastructure, and 3P vendors in a matrix MNC environment
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in an environment with multiple customer-facing offices
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technology projects and system implementations effectively
- Manage external vendors to ensure delivery of technical services in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
- Proven experience managing external vendors to drive optimum performance and efficiency of services
- Experience in managing/implementing customer journey platforms impacting multiple geographies
- Management skills with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate remote teams in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence remotely located stakeholders to achieve customer outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, engineering, business IS, or related fields.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively in a multicultural environment across all levels of staff
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English
- Ability and willingness to operate at a hands-on or strategic level as situations arise.