IELTS Test Day Supervisor(Casual) - Cairns
Student Placement Operations | Cairns Regional, Queensland, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
To ensure the fair and proper conduct of testing in accordance with IELTS rules and regulations, and in an environment that enables a participant to perform at their best. The IELTS Test Day Supervisor (TDS) will provide administrative and basic technical support to the test centre, ensuring compliance with the established guidelines of test operation.
The IELTS TDS will coordinate resources, equipment and supplies to ensure a smooth daily operation of the test centre to meet its goals of efficiency, compliance and customer satisfaction. This position is for our test centre at Cairns
- Ensure customers receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for customers by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs
- Provide services and support to clients with a disability
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies, including compliance and risk awareness and follow-up with customers
- Support team in providing clear, comprehensive advice to general inquiries or ensure that more complex inquiries are forwarded to the appropriate member for a response
- Support the test day team to manage customer inquiries and complaints at the front desk, and through telephone and email
- Set up test room and equipment at the test venue following test procedures and regulations
- Greeting customers, providing test information and rules, verification and update of customer details
- Cloaking and Identity Authentication Management (IAM) and checking attendance during the test
- Assisting customers before, during and after the test, dealing with queries and test irregularities in accordance with procedure
- Escorting test takers from test room during the test as required, during breaks, ensuring no unauthorised material is consulted and that test regulations are observed at all times
- Distribute, collect and securely maintain test day materials
- Invigilating during the test, record details and manage late arrivals and early leavers and all other incidents during the test
- Diagnose, troubleshooting and escalation of computer software, hardware (headsets), peripherals and computer network issues, support in the implementation of contingency procedures when required
- Support Test Centre team on tasks/projects and administrative support as required to assist in the successful delivery of services
- Oversee weekend operations of the test centre
- Support in the training and management of test day teams including the end-to-end coordination and supervision of exams
- Assist in the implementation of test centre improvements
- Support with the arrangements for disability test takers
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining inventory stock levels and related testing equipment.
- Support in data migration activity including the management and transfer of digital and paper test content
- Implementation of test contingencies as directed by test centre manager
Quality and Compliance
- Adherence to all IELTS manuals and company policies and guidelines
- Report issues regarding risk management/ security to ensure centre compliance with security policy and procedures
- Assist in the conduct of audits and implementation of policies
- Provide clear, consistent and comprehensive advice and instructions to Customers
- Ability to work in a professional manner with stakeholders and in accordance with organisational values
- Encourage a team environment which facilitates cooperation and knowledge sharing and enables high performance
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Understanding and commitment to maintaining appropriate standards of confidentiality and security of materials
- Proven customer service experience
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of customers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to keep calm under pressure or during unexpected circumstance
- Availability to work on weekends
- Computer skills
- Ability to perform basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware, peripherals and computer network
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions. We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.