IELTS Test Coordinator
IELTS | Cairns Regional, Queensland, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test which helps people to achieve their work, study and migration aspirations.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The IELTS Test Coordinator reports directly to the Test Centre Manager and is responsible for overseeing the general operations and administration of the computer-delivered and paper-based IELTS tests offered at IDP Test Centres in Cairns.
- Supervise and coordinate test day operations to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Contribute to a customer and continuous improvement-focused team culture
- Demonstrate desired behaviours to staff including outstanding customer service and handling difficult and/or complicated customers
- Provide services and support to clients with a disability
- Support the day team in providing clear, comprehensive advice to general enquiries and ensure more complex enquiries are escalated as required
- Support the test day team to manage customer enquiries and complaints at the front desk, and through telephone and email
Quality and Compliance
- Assist the Test Centre Manager in the conduct IELTS compliance audits
- Learn and ensure adherence to all IELTS manuals and company policies and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of IELTS policies
- Demonstrate desired behaviours to staff including compliance and risk awareness
- Ability to work in a professional manner with stakeholders and in accordance with organisational values
- Escalate issues regarding risk management/ security to ensure centre compliance with security policy and procedures
- Oversee all daily operations of the test centre
- Lead and train various test day teams, ensuring that all customers receive exemplary service
- Assist with the scheduling of staff and allocation of duties
- Participate in regular team, stakeholder and professional development meetings
- Contribute to the implementation of operational improvements
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining secure materials inventory
- Initial set-up, diagnosis and troubleshooting of proprietary IT systems
- Coordinate all aspects of post-test activity, to ensure, accurate, secure and timely processing of test taker result data and communications
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders both internal and external. Communication to stakeholders is consistent with approved messaging from IELTS Australia corporate
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Assertiveness and demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and creative thinking
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and execute multiple tasks within set objectives in a timely and professional manner
- Outstanding customer service and familiarity with customer service principles and practices
- Honesty, integrity and adherence to policies and procedures
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Availability to work regularly on weekends
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.