IELTS Test Centre Administrator
IELTS | Ankara, Turkey | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The IELTS Test Centre Administrator is responsible for managing the IELTS examinations within the designated region. The Administrator will be responsible for compliance with the established guidelines of test operation and management as prescribed by the IELTS test partners in their manuals.
o Customer Service
o Business Administration
o Test Administration Quality and Integrity
o Operations Management
o Client Management
o Project Service Enhancement
o Test Day Tasks
- Ensure all test candidates receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test.
- Ensure all staff involved in testing are culturally sensitive.
- Provide clear, comprehensive advice to general enquirers and ensure that more complex enquiries are forwarded to the correct person for a response.
- Develop Cooperative relationships with IELTS Test Administrators in the designated region.
- Plan all aspects of IELTS testing in the designated region.
- Manage budget for IELTS testing in designated region, including test revenue and all associated costs – staff, venue, storage, premises etc.
- Provide regular management and financial reports on testing as required. Statistical analysis of centre data to monitor and identify candidate trends including centre candidate targets.
- Continually monitor test day availability and capacity to ensure centres meet current demand.
Test Administration Quality and Integrity
- Independently perform audits on IELTS test centres as scheduled and provide documented feedback and reports.
- Ensure both test centres and offsite testing operations are managed within the IELTS operating procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all IELTS manuals.
- Ensure adherence to PSN policy and procedure of all Examiner Trainers and Examiners.
- Assist with the implementation of IELTS policies.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with stakeholders and in accordance with organisational values.
- Draft contracts for various IELTS business aspects as required. Monitor all current contracts to ensure terms are adhered to.
- All invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Oversee management of the tests conducted in the applicable test centre.
- Oversee distribution of test materials, marking of test papers, recording results and distribution of TRFs.
- Manage test centre Examiners, including recruitment, training and certification within the PSN guidelines.
- Financial reporting and invoicing is conducted accurately and on time.
- Manage the regular Clerical Marker monitoring program and the production of reports as required.
- Supervise the Enquiry on Results appeals system.
- Supervise the Verification Service for stakeholders.
- Manage the delivery of projects on time, within budget and in accordance with annual plans and targets.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual Administrators’ regional meetings and the development and delivery of requisite presentations as required.
- Represent IELTS at various conferences and stakeholder events and deliver IELTS presentations as required.
- Where appropriate / relevant work effectively with IELTS Service Providers (ISPs) to drive high levels of performance and ensure that all IELTS testing activity is conducted to expected standards. (This point can be removed in locations where it is not relevant).
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase cooperation, efficiency and operational effectiveness between IDP’s student placement and IELTS operations.
- Assist in the stakeholder management to maintain stakeholder satisfaction and integrity of the test.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders both internal and external ensuring that all business outcomes are satisfactorily met.
Project Service Enhancement
- Participate in reviews of IELTS manuals and procedures for test enhancement.
- Participate in reviews of IELTS promotional material.
Management of following test day tasks
- Organisation of each test.
Preparing the Exam venue
- Ensuring all test materials, Registration folders, desk labels and all other materials required for the test per the test checklist, are organized and ready to be taken to the test venue.
- Ensuring adequate invigilators for the test by contacting invigilators and planning staff levels for test in advance.
- Ensuring all invigilators have signed appropriate documents and passed all required training.
- Responsibility for preparation of the exam room(s)and registration and belongings storage areas in accordance with IELTS requirements including:
o Sound equipment check
o Projectors and Power Point ready
o Desk labels affixed properly
o Seating plan drawn up and replicated for invigilation staff
o Placement of bollards for crowd control.
Starting the Exam
- Conduct pre-test briefing and job allocation for invigilators
- Supervising the invigilation team to ensure:
o Efficient movement of candidates to registration and into the exam room.
o Precise inventory control of test materials at all times.
o Invigilator collection of test materials in prescribed manner.
o Candidates given correct test materials.
o Registration, impostor detection and checking of belongings managed in accordance with highest test standards.
During the Exam
o Reading of invigilation script
o Distribution test materials
o Counting and inventory control of all test materials
o Timing of the test
- Dealing with queries, test day incidents and any misconduct occurrences and ensuring that IELTS policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Recording all absentees on the seating plan.
Finishing an Exam
- Supervising orderly and efficient collection of test materials.
- Conducting and signing off, final inventory control count of all test materials.
- Supervising orderly exit of candidates and collection of belongings.
- Supervising packing and dispatching of all test materials as required.
- Collection and sign off of all staff timesheets
- Organize all aspects of post-test materials handling to appropriate location.
- Organize secure destruction of test materials.
- Organize and supervise marking of test materials, including staffing with appropriately qualified examiners and clerical markers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Client management experience
- Fluent in English and Turkish language
- Strong administrative and sound financial skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and execute multiple tasks within set objectives in a timely and professional manner
- Interest in / experience of international education and / or testing services
- Previous IELTS experience highly desirable
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to communicate effectively across various cultures and levels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent