IELTS Speaking Examiner (Casual) - Southport, Gold Coast
IELTS | City of Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia | Part Time
An ASX100 business with a 50 year heritage, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include IELTS testing, student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, digital marketing and English-language teaching.
IELTS is the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test. The test is used for education, migration, professional registration and employment purposes and is recognised by over 11,000 organisations worldwide.
We are evolving rapidly. If you share our passion for creating great customer experiences and thrive in an innovative culture, This is an exciting time to join us as we transform the way people access global opportunities.
To ensure impartial, expert assessment of candidates in the Speaking module of the test. To deliver a uniform and consistent test at all times. The position is on offer at our new IELTS on Computer testing location at the Southport, Gold Coast.
- Satisfactory completion of training led by the Test Centre’s Examiner Trainer
- Examine regularly at testing sessions (at least once a month)
- Undertake scheduled re-training and re-certification when required
- Maintain confidentiality and security in all aspects of the IELTS
- Comply with all elements of the Examiner Code of Practice, IELTS Confidentiality Undertaking, and Peer Support Network (PSN)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Recognised TESOL qualification
- Must have examined live test takers within the last 6 months.
- Must have good monitoring performance history.
- Availability to work on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays each week (excluding public holidays)
- Minimum 3 years ESL teaching experience
- Currently certified with Cambridge as an IELTS Speaking Examiner
- Personal attributes that indicate suitability as an examiner
- Minimum Professional Requirements as set out in MPRs
- Commitment to attend regularly at scheduled testing sessions
- Understanding and commitment to maintaining appropriate standards of confidentiality and security of materials
- Adhering to IELTS policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of criteria and protocol related to assessment and test administration
- Ability to keep calm under pressure or during unexpected circumstances
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills