IELTS Speaking Examiner (Casual)
IELTS | Townsville City, Queensland, Australia | Temporary
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
To ensure impartial, expert assessment of candidates in the Speaking module of the test. To deliver a uniform and consistent test at all times.
- Satisfactory completion of training led by the Test Centre’s Examiner Trainer
- Examine regularly at testing sessions (at least once a month)
- Undertake scheduled re-training and re-certification when required
- Maintain confidentiality and security in all aspects of the IELTS
- Comply with all elements of the Examiner Code of Practice, IELTS Confidentiality Undertaking, and Peer Support Network (PSN)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Recognised TESOL qualification
- Minimum 3 years ESL teaching experience
- Personal attributes that indicate suitability as an examiner
- Minimum Professional Requirements as set out in MPRs
- Commitment to attend regularly at scheduled testing sessions
- Availability to work midweek
- Understanding and commitment to maintaining appropriate standards of confidentiality and security of materials
- Adhering to IELTS policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of criteria and protocol related to assessment and test administration
- Ability to keep calm under pressure or during unexpected circumstances
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills