IELTS Marketing Manager
Marketing | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations and to empower IELTS test takers to achieve the scores they need.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
Our success comes from connecting International students with the right course in the right institution at the right destination. We are a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test that helps people to achieve their study and migration aspirations. We operate 11 English language teaching campuses across South East Asia; and acquired the Hotcourses Group in 2017, a leading course search database and student engagement company.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
This role will be responsible for the planning and execution of marketing strategies and tactical campaigns to support the region’s successful roll-out of CD IELTS testing and associated products. It also provides leadership to the marketing function for IELTS Australasia including Japan, and other countries that are managed by the Australasia region, developing strategy and overseeing its implementation by the team to ensure the programs deliver support to both IDP owned and third-party test centres in meeting their promotional objectives.
In addition, the role provides important input into the review and development of new IELTS products and their promotional strategy in the region. It also supports the marketing activities of Client Relations and the digital transformation of the company as required.
This is a 1 year Fixed term opportunity.
Computer Delivered testing improvement
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for the launch and roll-out of CD IELTS testing in the Australasia region in line with the business objectives
- Maximise public awareness of CD IELTS testing through all existing and new marketing channels
- Drive innovative marketing solutions that connect the business with existing and potential customers through all critical touch points to maximise engagement and conversion. Develop tools and processes to assist performance tracking and measure.
- Work with student placement operations on promotional strategies to tap into leads and customers on student database
- Support the CD launch events, including media release, IDP owned and 3rd Party test centres’ launch, and other related activities.
- Ensure all CD marketing activities align with the IELTS brand guide and IELTS Partners compliance requirements
- Develop IELTS online and offline marketing strategies for Australasia, Japan and other countries that are managed by the Australasia region
- Define, automate, and streamline marketing processes, transitioning them from marketing strategies into real marketing assets.
- Define clear social media strategy and a monitoring mechanism to identify opportunities and mitigate risks
- Plan resources and define clear and measurable KPIs for IELTS marketing
- Plan and implement budget plans for IELTS marketing with guidance from the Regional Marketing Director
- Stay up to date with the latest market trends, including but not limited to visa trends, government policies, customer behaviour, and competitor movements. Review and adjust marketing strategy according to opportunities and risks identified.
- Provide input into the development of new products and services at both a regional and company level. Drive the market launch and ongoing promotional strategy of such products and services
- Provide leadership to the region’s IELTS Marketing function
- Encourage team’s direct input into marketing strategy and ensure they are aligned behind the strategy
- Lead the implementation of the strategy, promotions and campaigns.
- Create clarity of roles and responsibilities, and define clear workflows.
- Build a high performing team through driving continuous efficiency and improvement and expand personnel capabilities.
- Identify, select, engage and manage vendor relationships, working closely with them to review and approve marketing tools.
- Oversee and support the development and copywriting of online and offline marketing collaterals tailored to various audiences. Outputs include creative executions and online/printing advertising with clear call to action, in line with IDP and the IELTS Partners brand guide
- Manage detailed plans for key campaign and initiatives, reporting dashboards, workflow tools, documentation, and tracking.
- Support and represent senior management as required
- Conduct analyses to determine value of acquisition and campaign optimisation efforts.
- Develop analytical tools and processes that drive efficiency in digital channels and platforms such as Google AdWords across the entire marketing department.
- Monitor market trends to identify threats and opportunities. Use analysis to guide strategy review
- Produce marketing report to stakeholders and senior management on marketing initiatives, leads and customer acquisition, business impact, and ROI
- Understand that both IDP owned and third-party test centres in Australasia, Japan and other countries managed by the region are important stakeholders
- Engage and consult with internal stakeholders in marketing strategy development to gain buy-in as required
- Work with DTU stakeholders as required in designing, implementing and tracking online and offline marketing events and initiatives to support them in achieving promotional objectives
- Support client relations team in their promotional needs
- Keep stakeholders informed of work progress, performance, potential risks, opportunities and other update that has an impact on their operations.
- Engage with external stakeholders as required.
- Prioritise projects and effectively manage competing deadlines.
- Work with various functions across the organisation on optimising CRM systems, marketing technologies, website and SEO improvements, event management tools.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and contact centre function for Student Placement, DTU promotional activities and the IELTS Central Marketing Team.
- Share best marketing practices with 3P test centres and support them in formulating promotional strategy to increase market competitiveness.
- Support the company’s digital transformation roll-out as required.
- Attend SSA, DTU and Regional Leadership team meetings and conferences as required and contribute to meeting agenda, presentations and discussions
- Plan and manage marketing budget within role scope, client relations and other related business fields.
- Allocate marketing investment and resource effectively to deliver business priorities
- Ensure spending is in line with the approved budget and within the authorised limit
- Take corrective action as required
Essential Skills and Experience
- 8+ years’ work experience in marketing, with minimum 3 years of those in managing a marketing team and 2 years in digital marketing
- Results driven with proven success in developing and implementing marketing strategy that delivers tangible results for business
- High level of analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting, and ROI
- People management skills with a strong ability to lead, delegate and motivate.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and positively influence people at all levels
- Stakeholders management experience
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, respecting diversity
- Ability to work under pressure and managing competing priorities
- Experience in working in dynamic global environment
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions. We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.