IELTS | Singapore | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The IELTS Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the IELTS strategic plan for Singapore and is central to the achievement of IELTS revenue, market share and volume objectives, and customer satisfaction. The role supports Singapore test centre operations in all respects so that centres are able to effectively deliver the candidates customer experience within the compliance requirements for IELTS. This role is also responsible for driving IELTS growth by identifying, pursuing and securing new business opportunities for IDP/IELTS in Singapore, working in collaboration with internal stakeholders across the business.
- In consultation with IDP Country Director, IELTS Regional Manager, Regional IELTS Specialist, Test Centre Administrators and IELTS third party test centre managers, create mid/long-term strategy and develop an annual IDP:IELTS business plan for the country
- Develop and execute an operational plan to deliver the annual program of work (defined in the business plan) based on required performance standards
- Provide input to the Region’s IDP:IELTS business planning process to ensure alignment between IDP:IELTS strategic objectives and the Country’s business plan
- Identify opportunities for IELTS business development within the country that align with IDP:IELTS core business and IDP strategic direction and priorities
- Work closely with the Country Director and IELTS Regional Manager, and collaborate where appropriate with the IDP:IELTS team to scope new business opportunities, with consideration for growth, brand value and business risk. Implement the program of work to capitalise on agreed opportunities.
- Develop and implement new initiatives including undertaking business impact analysis and implementation activities to support ongoing business change and growth in Singapore
- Work closely with Student Placement to cross sell IELTS products
- Use and promote the IELTS / IDP brand and brand messaging with integrity in all business development activity
Business Operational Support and Performance
- Support the managers of IDP owned and 3rd party IELTS test centres in Singapore to achieve budget targets, and drive sharing and implementation of best practices between IDP:IELTS and test centres within the country
- Align operations to IDP:IELTS defined standards to ensure that effective processes, policies and procedures are in place to enable the country to operationally support activities at test centres whether IDP owned or third party managed
- Ensure that audit follow up activities and appropriate self-audit plans are in place to ensure that the country is achieving required audit standards
- Participate in local, national and regional forums to share knowledge and expertise on emerging and potential market opportunities and best practice initiatives
Quality & Compliance
- Ensure adherence to quality standards as defined by IELTS Manuals of Procedure and any IELTS Australia directives.
- Active participation in all internal and external audit programs
- Contribute to building a positive work environment based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality and compliance standards
- Provide leadership and direction to the Singapore IELTS team through recognition, coaching and modelling desired behaviours
- Use awareness of individual strengths and skill gaps to drive personal growth and development
- Provide a clear vision for change as appropriate and an understanding of the internal partnerships that will drive success of the IDP:IELTS operating model
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Suitable business qualification, with 6-8 years’ experience in managerial position and experience of business development including the identification and leveraging of new business opportunities
- International work experience within Singapore, some of which is in the commercial education sector
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate effectively in English with stakeholders at all levels
- Prior knowledge of IELTS as a product and awareness of the practicalities of IELTS operations is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of sales and marketing principles and demonstrated ability to apply them successfully. Result-driven with ability to operate in highly competitive environment.
- High level of business acumen combined with good knowledge of the commercial environment
- Experience in working in dynamic global environment
Only candidates with the rights to work in the country will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by recruiter
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.