IELTS Invigilator (Casual) - Alice Springs, NT
IELTS | Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia | Part Time
An ASX100 business with a 50 year heritage, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include IELTS testing, student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, digital marketing and English-language teaching.
IELTS is the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test. The test is used for education, migration, professional registration and employment purposes and is recognised by over 11,000 organisations worldwide.
We are evolving rapidly. If you share our passion for creating great customer experiences and thrive in an innovative culture, This is an exciting time to join us as we transform the way people access global opportunities.
To ensure the fair and proper conduct of testing in accordance with IELTS rules and regulations, and in an environment that enables a participant to perform at their best. Also provide administrative and basic technical support to the Chief Invigilator and Test Center, Manager ensuring compliance with the established guidelines of test operation.
This is a casual position to support Manual (Paper) based testing at Alice Springs, NT.
- Ensure all customers receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for customers by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Set up test room and equipment at the test venue as required,closely following and enforcing test procedures and regulations
- Verify and update customer details, cloak and provide Identity Authentication Management (IAM) to standard
- Check attendance during the test, assisting customers before, during and after the test, dealing with queries raised by customers and dealing with test irregularities in accordance with procedure
- Escort test takers from test room during the test as required, during breaks ensuring no unauthorised material is consulted and that test regulations are observed at all times
- Read the test script and advise customers about test rules
- Distribute, collect and securely maintain test day materials
- Invigilate during the test, ensuring that customers do not talk once inside test room
- Record details and manage late arrivals and early leavers and all other incidents during the test
- Collect, collate and distribute required paper work during and after the test in accordance with procedures
- Support in the implementation of contingency procedures when required
- Support Test Centre team on tasks/ projects and other administrative support as required in the successful delivery of services
- Report issues regarding risk management/ security to ensure centre compliance with security policy and procedures
- Work with stakeholders and team members in an environment facilitating cooperation, knowledge sharing and enabling high performance
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Working rights within Australia
Understanding and commitment to maintaining appropriate standards of confidentiality and security of materials
Proven customer service experience (one year minimum)
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
Excellent communication skills (required) – Must be able to communicate with candidates from a variety of both English and non-English speaking countries
Ability to respond flexibly to changes in priorities and time management skills
Dependability, reliability, punctuality
Ability to keep calm under pressure
Availability to work on weekends (Mainly on saturdays)
Must be technologically savvy
Have good problem-solving skills
Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, ability to perform basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware, peripherals and computer network
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions. We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.