IELTS | Location, Job description | Part Time
IDP Education Vietnam is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Examiners who currently live in Ha Noi.
To examine IELTS Speaking module, including second marking where necessary, maintaining the standards required by the IELTS Professional Support Network and IDP:IELTS Australia.
Examiner applicants are required to meet the Minimum Professional Requirements (MPRs) in three areas, as outlined below.
a) An undergraduate or Master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s degree).
b) A TEFL / TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (at minimum Certificate level).
EFL / ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate / post graduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum Certificate level equivalent).
A degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language).
All qualifications must be validated by a reputable institution and accredited by a professional certification board.
If requested, applicants are required to provide additional information regarding their qualifications (e.g. transcript, course curriculum, evidence of external validation, accreditation by a certification standards board etc.).
Any expenses related to verifying qualifications are to be paid by the applicant. You will be required to produce the original certificates for all qualifications.
* Teaching Experience
- A minimum of three years’ full-time TEFL teaching experience (or equivalent part time) is required. Almost all of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over). Full-time teaching’ is classified as a minimum of 14 hours of face-to-face teaching per week. Freelance and volunteer teaching is not included.
- If an applicant’s EFL / ESOL qualification is at Certificate level (or equivalent), one of the three years of full-time teaching experience must be post EFL / ESOL Certificate qualification. If the EFL / ESOL qualification is at Diploma level or higher, the teaching experience can have been completed before the qualification.
* Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
An IELTS Examiner is expected to have the following professional attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences.
NOTE: Examiners are required to adhere to a Code of Practice and Confidentiality Undertaking and follow all directives from the Centre Administrator and Examiner Trainer. Information will be provided to applicants once recruitment and training have been successfully completed.
* Work Permit and Residence Card
Under the current Labour Law in Viet Nam, you will only be allowed to work for us with a valid work permit and residence card/visa. Therefore, along with your applications please kindly submit a copy of your valid work permit and residence card/visa to the same email address by the indicated deadline. The documents will be used for processing your application and signing the contract if you are offered the position.
* Other requirements and details
- Available for examining especially on Saturdays and Sundays
- Confident about using technologies at work
In order to become an IELTS Examiner, you must also
- attend and successfully complete training and certification,
- be legally accepted to work or provide services in Vietnam, and,
- have a clear police check record
*Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews.
Closing date: Friday 30 December 2022.