IELTS | Location, Job description | Part Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training. An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training. We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organizations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in Southeast Asia. We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities. By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Examiners who currently live in HA NOI.
To examine IELTS Speaking module, including second marking where necessary, maintaining the standards required by the IELTS Professional Support Network and IDP: IELTS Australia.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MPRS)
a) An undergraduate or master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a master’s degree).
b) A TEFL / TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (at minimum Certificate level). Or
EFL / ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate / post graduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum Certificate level equivalent).
A degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language).
All qualifications must be validated by a reputable institution and accredited by a professional certification board.
If requested, applicants are required to provide additional information regarding their qualifications (e.g. transcript, course curriculum, evidence of external validation, accreditation by a certification standards board etc.).
Any expenses related to verifying qualifications are to be paid by the applicant. You will be required to produce the original certificates for all qualifications.
2. Teaching Experience
- A minimum of three years’ full-time TEFL teaching experience (or equivalent part time) is required. The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over). Full-time teaching’ is classified as a minimum of 14 hours of face-to-face teaching per week. Freelance and volunteer teaching is not included.
- If an applicant’s EFL / ESOL qualification is at Certificate level (or equivalent), one of the three years of full-time teaching experience must be post EFL / ESOL Certificate qualification. If the EFL / ESOL qualification is at Diploma level or higher, the teaching experience can have been completed before the qualification.
3. Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
An IELTS Examiner is expected to have the following professional attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences
- Confident about using technologies at work.
NOTE: Examiners are required to adhere to a Code of Practice and Confidentiality Undertaking and follow all directives from the Centre Administrator and Examiner Trainer. Information will be provided to applicants once recruitment and training have been successfully completed.
4. Vietnamese legal requirements
- Valid Work permit and residence card/visa.
- Clear police check record
- Available for examining in minimum of 04 sessions during weekdays OR 02 sessions during weekend
PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
Now – Sep 30, 2023: Preliminary application screening and additional document submission
- IELTS Examiner application form which must be completed electronically.
- Letters from 02 referees. One must be from a current employer.
- Oct 2023: Interview. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Nov 2023: Training and certification. Candidates must pass the certification to become an IELTS Examiner.
HOW TO APPLY
The application package should be sent to ielts.vietnam@ idp.com with the subject template Hanoi IELTS Examiner Application – [Full Name] and must include:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Relevant supporting documents (copy is acceptable)
- Certificates and diplomas
- Work permit and residence card/visa
*Important note: Applications will only be accepted via the above email address. Please disregard the "Apply for this job" button on this page.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2023
*Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews.