IELTS Customer Service Officer
IELTS | Singapore | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The IELTS Customer Service Officer will be responsible for manning the reception area and providing excellent customer service by attending to face to face and phone enquiries. The role will provide extensive support to the Operations team by supporting test centre operations across different test venues in Singapore.
This role will work closely with the Test Centre Administrator and IELTS Manager in accordance with IELTS regulations and IDP policies. Strict adherence to test security, administration requirements, supporting the team to meet its goals of efficiency, compliance and customer satisfaction forms an essential part of this job.
- Ensure all test candidates receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test
- Assisting with IELTS registrations and issuing receipts for IELTS fees collected.
- Support the Test Centre team in providing clear, comprehensive advice to general enquiries or ensure that more complex enquiries are forwarded to the correct person for a response
- Manage customer enquiries and complaints at the front desk, and through telephone/ mobile phone and email
- Responsible in assisting test takers applying for Additional TRF and Enquiry on Results
- Assist in handling of results to test takers
- Demonstrate desired behaviours to staff including customer service, handling difficult and/or complicated customers, compliance and risk awareness, and follow-up with customers
- Monitor customer satisfaction
Quality and Compliance
- Provide general administration support to IELTS staff
- Follow up unpaid/unpaid test takers and update other IELTS staff of any payment.
- Collaborate with the team to provide effective and efficient administrative support
- Ensure test centre and test venue partners operations are managed within the IELTS operating procedure
- Ensure adherence to all IELTS manuals and company policies and guidelines
- Ability to work in a professional manner with stakeholders and in accordance with organisational values
Project Service Enhancement
- Participate in reviews of IELTS promotional materials
- Support with other projects
- Support the team in the preparation of both CD and PB test
- Assist the team during post-test, unpacking, disinfecting of headphones and, shredding of question booklets and checking of headphone batteries
- Oversee operations of the tests conducted in the designated partner’s test venue
- Ensure that all documents are filed in the correct folder and kept securely
- Supervise the timely delivery of results to customers and Recognising Organisations
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders both internal and external (client/institution)
- Support the front desk and admin duties when possible
- Support Student Placement queries
- Other duties as requested
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification(s)):
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationship with candidates
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and execute multiple tasks within set objectives in a timely and professional manner
- Familiar with customer service principles and practices
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills - Ability to speak in Mandarin is essential
- Availability to work on alternate weekends
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Previous customer service experience is highly desirable
- Equivalent industry experience