IELTS Business Development Officer (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
IELTS | Chiang Mai, Thailand | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
Join us as we grow our team of IELTS business across the region to ensure high-quality test delivery as well as excellent customer experiences.
The IELTS Business Development Officer is responsible for promoting the IELTS test in Chiang Mai and nearby areas to schools, universities, languages schools and education agencies.
When required, provide information on Student Placement activity of IDP by referring students to the Student Placement team in Chiang Mai. This role is also responsible for supporting the IELTS team in Bangkok to deliver IELTS sessions in Chiang Mai monthly as well as when required by IDP partners.
This role draws heavily on communication and presentation skills to reach out to an audience of English teachers, head of schools, deans of English Departments of Universities. Knowledge of the education sector is expected as you will be responsible to reach out to schools and universities to present DIP services.
Business Development & Sales Planning
- Promoting IDP IELTS services to key partners in the region: schools, universities, languages schools, agents.
Identify potential partners for IDP and plan regular visits to promote IDP IELTS services.
Work with Bangkok IELTS and Marketing team to identify opportunities to join or create events to promote IDP services (IELTS and Student Placement when relevant)
- Use and promote the IELTS / IDP brand and brand messaging with integrity in all business development activity
- Liaise with IELTS Manager to ensure that partners are the right audience for IDP IELTS.
IELTS delivery support in Chiang Mai and nearby area
- Liaise with IELTS Test Centre Manager (TCA) to ensure that the Chiang Mai IELTS sessions are well promoted to local audience.
- Support IELTS TCA with hotel booking arrangements and price negotiation.
- Liaise with local invigilators to ensure that we have enough local staff for the test.
- Be present the whole day of test delivery (usually the weekend).
- Support Bangkok team with IELTS material storage such as headphones, batteries, CD players etc.
- Support candidates to register online when candidates require help.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Bachelor’s Degree in business, education or related field.
- Suitable business qualification, with 3-5 years’ experience in business development, sales and marketing including the identification and leveraging of new business opportunities.
- Experience in the commercial education sector is an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate effectively in both Thai and English with stakeholders at all levels.
- Based in Chiang Mai and able to travel with own transport within Chiang Mai and the Northern region.
- Prior knowledge of IELTS as a product and awareness of the practicalities of IELTS operations is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of sales and marketing principles and demonstrated ability to apply them successfully. Result-driven with ability to operate in highly competitive environment.
- High level of business acumen combined with good knowledge of the commercial environment
WORKING AT IDP
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. We are looking for people who share that passion of making an impact in people's lives.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.